Emptiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castlesinthesky

Aug 11, 2003
Earth,Heaven and Beyond
act3872.jpg

Shot at esplanade, the clean and straight lines, along with the advertisments of fashion potray the decay of urban modernization.=P

what i was trying to say, newbie's attempt.=P

Personally will prefer a lower angle and a wider shot, find it looks more empty that way. And perhaps the center point shift towards the right, to include more advertisements, rather then the plain wall?

Like the "emptiness" tho. Good try. ;)

great shot, castle...... :thumbsup:

wish i hv eyes like u'rs... :bigeyes:

hope anybody else can further enlighten me cos i hv 2 quesn:

1) should such shots be better taken with a tripod?

2) should a black/white shot be taken from the camera function itself or should the shot be taken in color first then post-process in PhotoShop under "Image --> Mode --> Greyscale"?

Thanks for sharing expertise...!!!! :D

isxzz said:

2) should a black/white shot be taken from the camera function itself or should the shot be taken in color first then post-process in PhotoShop under "Image --> Mode --> Greyscale"?

1) Only if there is insufficient light to hand hold... :bigeyes:

2) Black / white best taken as colour and converted in PS using channel mixer. This gives you the best control over your final image. Never, ever use Gray Scale convert. When using this technique, first look at each channel (R,G,B) and decide which ones you like the best and how much of each you want to contribute to the final image. Then do the channel mixer, select monochrome and adjust the sliders so that they add up to 100%... in some cases you can exceed 100%.... depending on what you're trying to achieve. Experiment with the combinations until you are happy.

Thousands Thanks Royce.... !!! :D

Royce said:
2) Black / white best taken as colour and converted in PS using channel mixer. This gives you the best control over your final image. Never, ever use Gray Scale convert. When using this technique, first look at each channel (R,G,B) and decide which ones you like the best and how much of each you want to contribute to the final image. Then do the channel mixer, select monochrome and adjust the sliders so that they add up to 100%... in some cases you can exceed 100%.... depending on what you're trying to achieve. Experiment with the combinations until you are happy.

any reasons why Gray Scale convert is never, ever use? is it because there is no control over the final image? :dunno:

isxzz said:
Thousands Thanks Royce.... !!! :D

any reasons why Gray Scale convert is never, ever use? is it because there is no control over the final image? :dunno:

Exactly!! Try the technique i mentioned and see how powerful it is! :bwhat:

isxzz said:

thanks for the compliments..already Pmed you =) still have lots to learn!

great try. :thumbsup:

though i feel that the photo is not that ... balanced.
the side without the advertisements seems to be 'heavier'.

perhaps u're not standing that central?
u shot wth digital cam?

sadness said:
great try. :thumbsup:

though i feel that the photo is not that ... balanced.
the side without the advertisements seems to be 'heavier'.

perhaps u're not standing that central?
u shot wth digital cam?

yup i was leaning already to attempt to line up the adverts as seen in the photo actually....tripod couldn't allow for it...i decided this worked as i wanted to convey the overall feel of the place...the straight lines and uniformness of the entire walkway.....reminiscent of fashion as a whole...everything must be neat....tt's why i didn't place the emphasis on the adverts as a whole....but i'll take the point in consideration!:)

the most difficult part was waiting out for people to empty the walkway...it was so crowded! had to wait and wait!lol

yup it was taken with a digi cam...5050z...thanks for the comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.