employers’ CPF contribution rate from 14.5% to 10%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard Chartered expects a cut in employers’ CPF contribution rate from the current 14.5 percent to 10 percent.
But it expects no change to employees’ CPF contribution rate, GST, personal income and corporate tax rates.

http://retrenchment-blog.breaking.s...-recession-help-in-budget-cpf-from-145-to-10/

More good years ahead. Don't forget, we are in our golden era... :bsmilie::confused:
From the current trend of prolonging retirement age, you can forget about retirement...

Companies/Employers can just alter their CPF contribution rate as and when they like?
Thought the amount is set by CPF board? :dunno:

Last edited:
Companys/Employers can just alter their CPF contribution rate as and when they like?
Thought the amount is set by CPF board? :dunno:
Set by law hor.

I think what the post is saying is that in lieu of the prevailing market conditions, StanChart is expecting that the government will cut the employer CPF contribution from 14.5 to 10%.

:Later,

Set by law hor.

I think what the post is saying is that in lieu of the prevailing market conditions, StanChart is expecting that the government will cut the employer CPF contribution from 14.5 to 10%.

aiyo. pay cut already now want cpf cut. sigh.

aiyo. pay cut already now want cpf cut. sigh.
I think some companies genuinely have a need for government assistance, while some errrr.. might just be taking advantage of the situation. :sweat:

Nevertheless, lesser CPF employer contribution would probably translate to lower operating cost, and perhaps prevent some heads from rolling.

I think some companies genuinely have a need for government assistance, while some errrr.. might just be taking advantage of the situation. :sweat:

Nevertheless, lesser CPF employer contribution would probably translate to lower operating cost, and perhaps prevent some heads from rolling.

Agree man. Think everybody would rather get the CPF cut then kena retrenched. :sweat:

I think the government has come out several times to emphasize CPF will be the last resort. I would be very surprised if they back-track on this. My guess is that a one-off tax rebate for corporates is more likely than a CPF cut as the latter will cut into personal consumption.

cutting CPF means cutting their own money supply...they already encourage ppl putting money into CPF...better than banks, safe heaven, but cannot take out... go figure...

Unless the companies out there are really really really struggling to the point of closing down, else cutting tax on companies are more likely....

but then again u never know, they like to do things beyond us...

Will you chop your golden goose?:bsmilie:

After making so many blunders in their investment, don't think they can afford to cut the CPF rate. The baby bloomer generation is now retiring, need a lot of money to pay them.
I see the first sign of troubled cash flow when they introduce the 120k minimum sum.

Quick fixes from the million dollar brains.
1) Your MVC will be activated first.
2) Shorter work week.
3) Cut basic pay.
4) Repeat step 1 to 3 if economy gets worse.

Be assured that the million dollar scholars know how to count your money.
They already mentioned the severe implications of cutting your CPF.

Last edited:
So who benefit when there is a cut?

Employers
haha .... that's not true.

If no cut, employers no profit, then pay cut, retrench workers, close down, etc. ....:dunno:

so it's necessary to ensure that everyone got a chance to win in the longer term .... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.