Emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperous

Jul 24, 2009
dsc5362.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
-> Composition, colour, how to PP to make this better

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
-> Hopes to show the emotions in the kid

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
-> On another boat

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
-> Colours are there but a little dull? Not too sure.

a photo should tell a story. every part of the photo should be there for a reason. what is the reason of the bg?

i also do not really understand the emotion of the kid. what emotion is he or u for that matter, trying to show?

the front on composition is not particularly ideal as well..a bit too tight too.

try taking at the same level as the kid.

i remember reading a book on composition saying that what we see is different from what the camera sees. so instead of looking at something nice, and bringing your camera to your eye level and take, try thinking and removing elements to improve the picture.

Your caption should be more explicit ... maybe something like "I Hate Vege" instead of just "Emotion" to connect your subject and background.

Composition
Can give more space to the left, where the child is looking.

Color
Color wise, depends on individual liking, some like saturated, some like it natural. Your image looks vivid and natural to me :)

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
-> Composition, colour, how to PP to make this better

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
-> Hopes to show the emotions in the kid

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
-> On another boat

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
-> Colours are there but a little dull? Not too sure.

you took this from a higher angle than the kid, that is why the kid is juxtaposed against the very near and colorful background which distracts from the kid.

had you bothered to go lower, or at least eye level, you would have removed all these from the background, provided a more intimate perspective, and have a much cleaner background, with the right colours from which the kid in his garb would stand out from.

Thanks guys! Guess I learned quite a fair bit here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.