#2 : Solitude
DSC_0062.JPG

#3 : Left out
DSC_0041.JPG

#4 : Dignity
DSC_0039.JPG

#5 : Looking forward
DSC_00381.JPG

My first attempt on trying to do mood lighting in my "bedroom studio" with a self made back drop. All shot with 1 or 2 lights, either Kobold or table lamp.

Please give me all your inputs and critiques these photos. Thank you so very much.

I can see the sadness in "sadness"... the rest :dunno: guess I am not arty enough... some of them are a little soft...
btw, do read the guidelines on posting in the Critique Corner.

Interesting use of lights to express emotions...... I like the idea, using so little to express so much. Rather creative.

Don't really know... i wanted to catch a lil of the light reflecting off to create sth that looks like tears. and when i look at the pic i just feel for it? hmmmm :cry: maybe it reminds me of my grandpa and some stuff he said..

the glasses might remind u of grandpa but the picture cant really relate to us cos we dont experience what u felt. something more simple and visually stimulating is required. something that is not easy. confirmed beyond my abilities to produce. nice try nevertheless, keep trying.

Chris Lim said:
Don't really know... i wanted to catch a lil of the light reflecting off to create sth that looks like tears. and when i look at the pic i just feel for it? hmmmm :cry: maybe it reminds me of my grandpa and some stuff he said..

is the object left by your grandpa? in that case the series of images need text.

your feelings for your grandpa is a very 'localised' information which no one else will truly know, and can only try to know if this information is shared along with the pictures.

good text doesn't need to be a 1000 word essay, it can be a good title that says everything. i would have looked at these images differently if your title was 'Gandpa'

on the contrary, i dont think the images need text. i think the use of lgihting is very well done here. by just looking at the photos, i can see what you're trying to get at. its refreshing to see something different around here for a change.

but if i were to nit pick, ur dignity picture is blur. handshake perhaps? use a tripod. and maybe bring the specs a little higher up, so it seems that the 'guy' is somewhere on 'top' if you get my drift.

i like it :)

Thanks, this was actually a school prject where we're marked more based on our lighting techniques. Yeah now that i look at it. it is actually quite soft. hmmm was pretty dark when i shot it so maybe didnt see the edges clearly. but thanks for the comments. =):D

I think this series shines because it's rather creative.

the backdrops and lighting... fwah.

Thanks. the backdrop is actually a plain white wall. But lighted to make it have some texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.