Emotional attachments with ur stuff?

How do u treat ur stuff?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Seeing the stuff being sold at B&S suddenly raised a question in my head.

How do u guys generally treat the stuff u buy (including ur precious cameras)? Do u treat it like juz 'another tool to be used for my work/hobby', or do u attach some kind of emotional significance to it? Kind of like, "Much as I want to sell it off, I can't! Cos I can't simply sell off something that had been thru so much with me."

I treat my stuff like a tool, but it also have sentimental value.
Looking back and remembering the shot that were captured.
I just can't bring myself to sell it away.

I still have my first Nikon SLR, maybe 12 or 13 years old now.

So I cannot vote

Once I was seriously thinking of comimtting suicide when someone stole my old faithful manual Canon camera.

What saved me from self-annihilation was I happened to see some sexier Canon bodies in a shop window. :lovegrin:

WheneverI want to caress my camera bodies something like 5x a week, I would lock the study room where my cameras are kept; turn on the air con and leave a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. :devil: :D

jeff49er said:
WheneverI want to caress my camera bodies something like 5x a week, I would lock the study room where my cameras are kept; turn on the air con and leave a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. :devil: :D

You are not afraid of the neighbours hearing the ecstatic clicking sound meh?

Sion said:
You are not afraid of the neighbours hearing the ecstatic clicking sound meh?

Hhhmmm didnt think of that :think:

Now that u have mentioned it, I rather leave the ecstatic clicking sound for their imagination :devil:

In actual truth, I hardly press the shutter button.

wow... i can't bear to part with my eq... =(
all has some sentimental value to me...

gosh... my old slr almost grew up with me thro my sec-ns life man... haha

Sion said:
What sort of "protection" do you use then?

I wash my hands first :D

Make sure I dont touch the glass

Always use the blower to clear the dust :thumbsup:

Sion said:
How come no rubber gloves? You don't want to have too many little baby cameras around the house you know.

I wish got many little cameras. :)

I do get very attached to certain lenses and bodies over time, mostly the outstanding units that produce magical work for my clients under the most adverse conditions. Such gear never gets sold, I retire it and use it from time to time to keep it operational.

I so regretted throwing away my first SLR camera, a fully manual Cosina body that take pentax K mount lens. Very cute camera....... :cry:

I don't think I'll ever sell any of my camera lens and bodies.
It's not really because of any emotional attachment, although the mercedes slogan comes to mind. If your machine is faithful to you, you are usually faithful to your machine.

Every piece I buy has it's own use and even the cheapest lens has it's own use. sometimes it's just fun to bring out just one lens and discover what you can and cannot do with them.

I probably will get L lens in the (distant :bsmilie: )future but I won't dump my old lens.

And also, I like to hoard my stuff, especially those that have potential usage, no matter how old it is.

Hommie said:
I so regretted throwing away my first SLR camera, a fully manual Cosina body that take pentax K mount lens. Very cute camera....... :cry:
THROW AWAY?! :bigeyes: Goodness me.... U mean it went down da dumpster, off it goes to Ulu Pandan and now it's landfill material? :bigeyes:

LOLzz...i have white lens fetish ;) :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
THROW AWAY?! :bigeyes: Goodness me.... U mean it went down da dumpster, off it goes to Ulu Pandan and now it's landfill material? :bigeyes:
Yup, stop reminding me! :cry:

Camera / lens is a tool. If it does the job I keep it, if I forsee not using it in future it gets sold. However I really love my 100/2.8 USM macro. It's probably one lens I'm a little attached to.

Status
Not open for further replies.