Emolux Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

purpledino

Sep 10, 2006
Hi,

Anyone knows anything about emolux filters? Is it a reputable brand? Can't seem to find much about that brand on google.com.

Appreciate if you could answer my query, thanks!

havent heard of that brand before, but filters shouldnt be too bad. try hoya for fairly gd filters. shld be less than $20 for a standard uv filter. btw which type r u looking for?

Did some more research on the brand.

Interestingly it is a product of a Singapore Company with manufacturing in China.
For more details - SGCosmos

Currently, I cant find any reviews for the filter, it may not be in the radar of most reviewers. It might be good if we can try and publish our own reviews :)

But as such, so far, so good.

I'm bringing this old thread out.

I bought the EMOLUX 58mm UV filter for $20 from Parisilk at Holland V. Screwed onto the canon EF 55-250 IS lens, when i wanted to take it out, i had a hard time unscrewing it. Completely un-smooth screw thread.

Last edited:
i just got one, don't know whether it's good or bad, free 2nd hand :p

I'm bringing this old thread out.

I bought the EMOLUX 58mm UV filter for $20 from Parisilk at Holland V. Screwed onto the canon EF 55-250 IS lens, when i wanted to take it out, i had a hard time unscrewing it. Completely un-smooth screw thread.

Agree, i was using a Emolux 52mm UV. Its has a un-smooth thread, screwing and unscrewing takes sometime. :think:

Hi there got a UV filter as well..
just curious, does it matter if you put the filter on for a long period of time?

just curious, does it matter if you put the filter on for a long period of time?

Your lens won't get skin cancer?

i just got one, don't know whether it's good or bad, free 2nd hand :p

What do you expect if you get it for free? Somebody wanted to get rid of it, quickly...

Most filters matter in the moment you take the picture. Then you'll see whether the results make you feel 'emo' or not. But yes, cheap filters with unclean threads can get stuck on the lens. Not necessarily a matter of time, one turn is enough.

If i were u I would just get a B+W one, screw it on and not worry abt it. B+W is the way to go :thumbsup:

I never believe in cheap filters. ;)

If i were u I would just get a B+W one, screw it on and not worry abt it. B+W is the way to go :thumbsup:

I never believe in cheap filters. ;)

Physically, I can tell the difference between a cheaper and more expensive filter. But optically, i only find slight difference, mostly in the area of flare resistance, to tell the truth! :p

I also attach the Emolux 58MM UV pretector.. I found a reflection shadow from the bulb light during I snap the picture at night. When I detach the filter, it look ok.

Do your guy have this experience before?

I also attach the Emolux 58MM UV pretector.. I found a reflection shadow from the bulb light during I snap the picture at night. When I detach the filter, it look ok.

That is what happen when a uncoated filter causes flare. ;)

That is what happen when a uncoated filter causes flare. ;)

Hi Soons,

Any recommended UV filter with coated? I think the freebies UV filter is not good... mmm that why it given free... ;p

Thanks for reply ...

Hi Soons,

Any recommended UV filter with coated? I think the freebies UV filter is not good... mmm that why it given free... ;p

Thanks for reply ...
just get a B+W multicoated filter. put it on and forget about it.

seriouly, you spend a ton of money for a good glass in the lens and you put a $20 piece of glass infront of it? the light havent reach your lens already degraded. thus IMO i believe in using a good UV filter. but the filter cost:lens cost ratio must be justifiable la.

That's the 'emo factor' - makes you emo when you see the results :bsmilie:

just get a B+W multicoated filter. put it on and forget about it.

seriouly, you spend a ton of money for a good glass in the lens and you put a $20 piece of glass infront of it? the light havent reach your lens already degraded. thus IMO i believe in using a good UV filter. but the filter cost:lens cost ratio must be justifiable la.

That's the 'emo factor' - makes you emo when you see the results :bsmilie:

Buy at least a HOYA PRO-1D :thumbsup:eek:r B=W:bigeyes: if affordable. Cheap Filter even have ghost image sometimes.

Reference in USD
http://www.camerafilters.net/hoya.htm#Super_Multi_Coated_UV

Thank for reply.. i will look into it... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.