Emjay: Not everyone is aware you are the new Pentax distri

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnaxe

Oct 5, 2006
From an email I received from a well-known (in ClubSNAP) anyway photo store, with portions deleted, in response to a question about the Pentax K7:

Hi,
There is no official distributor declared here in Singapore currently after the last distributor gave up the rights.

Thus we do not know when we can get any units in stock.

Regards
[deleted]

You might want to.. erh. I dunno. Send an email around. Just FYI, I responded saying that Emjay had been appointed and linked to: http://www.pentax.com/distri_asia.html

Where do you want Emjay send the email to? :D

Since the Pentax website already got updated w/ the new agent's contact info, I think Pentax users/buyers sooner or later would find out about the new distributor :)  Meantime, let's wait for Emjoy to do their job to get Pentax brand a more popular brand here in Singapore.

And I do think so far Emjay has been doing pretty good job. At least the previous agents (J&J, Shriro) never even officially announced anything here at this forum.

What's the point of the thread if you can't bring yourself to name the shop?
Why need to beat around the bush?
Either contact Emjay directly or publish the shop name... after all, naming and shaming frequently works. :bsmilie:

actually, to be fair to emjay, that is more of the shop problem, rather than emjay's problem :bsmilie:

If that supposedly well-known shop is a reseller of Pentax products, Emjay should have already sent notice to it (and all other resellers) that it's the new distro?

Seeing that Pentax is a small 'cult' brand here, I bet most shops bochup and won't make that extra effort to find out stuff about it, even when there's a change in distro.

Oh sure, I agree it's more of a shop issue, just that Emjay could recheck that appropriate communications have been sent.

More of a FYI...

(Since I've already told them that Emjay is the distri, they should now know? hahahaha)

Last edited:
was at alan photo (sls) and asked about the pentax items they had on the shelf out of curiosity. the shop guy said it was shriro stock and that shriro is still the distributor :bsmilie: never ask any further as i bet the prices were also shriro standard

Give them some times, they just started the Pentax sales & service operations.

worry what?

just ask to open the box. if the inside warranty card is by emjay then okay liao..

worry what?

just ask to open the box. if the inside warranty card is by emjay then okay liao..

emjay has agreed to honour the shriro warranty so i wouldn't be too bothered by it.

what's more important is the price ;)

so far emjay looks like it's doing a good job. if it's around to stay for a long time then the few interim months is not a big deal at all

imo, MJ must not only be working, but must be seen or heard to be working. that's PR. So far, beside the initial burst of the thread by MJ, there is only stone silence. This is bad PR, and i Don't think you will win many fans that way.

If open discussion is not their cup of tea, send a rep to our outing for a more intimate and cordial encounter. Gather feedback and get to know the users. don't see MJ doing that. I give them the benefit of doubt they havent reach the stage of coming to meet the products users yet.

I am not complaining since i didnt buy anything from the Shriro so far. I got most of my gear overseas or/and from Feng Wei. But if the new distributor continue this silence treatment and there is no improvement in the market place on product placement and positioning, i think i will still spend my $$ overseas and/or with Feng Wei.

Well, thats my 2 cents worth....

If that supposedly well-known shop is a reseller of Pentax products, Emjay should have already sent notice to it (and all other resellers) that it's the new distro?

Seeing that Pentax is a small 'cult' brand here, I bet most shops bochup and won't make that extra effort to find out stuff about it, even when there's a change in distro.
"Cult brand". I like this phrase. Ha. Anyway, i just ordered a couple of lens from adorama. Local shops are just not that pro-Pentax. I thk in USA, Pentax is pretty popular. Ha.

Hmmm, more exposure for Pentax... time to repaint the company van? ;)

Emjay_van.jpg

Wow. This email puts things in a different light - I deleted portions which were opinion.

Yes they seemed to have told us quite a while back yet no Pentax stocks seemed to stream through their distribution as yet even though it has been nearly 3 months now since.

I guess we know this is not completely accurate, because there have been some items with the emjay sticker/website on them at tkphoto. I suppose whether this is worrying or not depends on how popular the store actually is, and perhaps I'm deluded as to how popular this store is :) *shrug*

Don't be deluded or disillutioned...
EVERY photo shop in Singapore is just like every other, their sole purpose is to sell gear and make money.
OK some will bullshit, lie, cheat, con or make up any story to make a sale but that's all part of business and to be expected. :devil:
By way of analogy toothbrushes come in different colours but they all still retain a common function...

Haaa....
That's a totally odd analogy....
But I like... :D

As for MJ, the fact that they bothered to come in here to touch base (albiet a little bit) with us, I think they doing somewhat better than Shihroh already.
Maybe their initial contact made us have every high expectation, resulting in the disappointment in the follow-up.
Let's just wait a little longer and see... Afterall, K-7 not out anywhere yet either.
For me, so long as they are not worse then the last distro, at least it's an improvement. :)

Last edited:
Haha.

You think they're simply lying? That's possible I suppose!

Our next outing will be a sports even - wakeboarding, and Emjay will be one of the sponsors for that event. If you wanna talk to them in group, be there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.