Emjay Enterprises Announcement- 16-Apr-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emjay Enterprises

Apr 2, 2009
Singapore
www.emjay1984.biz
Dear Pentaxians

Emjay Enterprises would like to announce that the Retail Prices of Pentax cameras and accessories will be comparable to the prices you find in Pentax USA’s webstore.

We are also in discussion to launch an extended warranty programme at affordable prices. This will cover products under warranty with more than 6 months left from the previous distributor.

Stocks will arrive soon and be ready to check them at your favourite stores!

Looking forward to hear what you think about our announcement.

Cheers to all

Dear Pentaxians

Emjay Enterprises would like to announce that the Retail Prices of Pentax cameras and accessories will be comparable to the prices you find in Pentax USA’s webstore.

We are also in discussion to launch an extended warranty programme at affordable prices. This will cover products under warranty with more than 6 months left from the previous distributor.

Cheers to all

That would be good news, but wouldn't the prices still be higher than Amazon.com or even B&H? When would the stocks arrive?

Last edited:
Of course this is excellent news! I am really looking forward to see the new Pentax's stock and prices!

By the way, would you, Emjay, be bringing in the K200D?

Dear Pentaxians

Cheers to all

EMjay, do you mean the Pentax Webstore? As in http://pentaxwebstore.com/products/photo_imaging/slr_lenses??

If so, it's kinda expensive if you are talking about the current conversion rate. I may be wrong, you may be referring to amazon etc...

Let us know.

I am more interested in an extended warranty programme at affordable prices.

Will there be a local warranty conversion like what Canon is having for overseas purchased gear?

That's good... but would be nicer if the prices would match Adorama / BH / Amazon stores instead.. there's quite a big difference!

e.g. (prices in USD)
K20D body - Pentax USA $800 ; B&H $670
K-m kit - Pentax USA $550 ; B&H $502
DA 14mm - $816 ; $600
FA 100mm macro - $800 ; $515

Last edited:
EMjay, do you mean the Pentax Webstore? As in http://pentaxwebstore.com/products/photo_imaging/slr_lenses??

If so, it's kinda expensive if you are talking about the current conversion rate. I may be wrong, you may be referring to amazon etc...

Let us know.

Agree. If you talking about prices after the exchange rate on that webstore, it is expensive. Hope to hear from you soon.

That's good... but would be nicer if the prices would match Adorama / BH / Amazon stores instead.. there's quite a big difference! :D
I doubt it....those stores are direct selling. There will definitely be a markup in my experience.

When we say we want comparable prices as oveaseas, we meant at (online)shops that normal-people-on-the-street buy from ! e.g. Adorama / BHphotovideo /Amazon etc.

At Pentax Webstore, the kit lens is selling for USD 215(and 95cents gasp!!) !?

We are so back at square one. :(

I hope your dealer prices are better.

PENTAX USA prices are much higher than Amazon or B&H;)
Thats why Amazon or B&H are more popular choices compared to Pentax USA.

Depends where Emjay will get the pentax stock from and how much the source distributor intends to earn.

has anyone any idea of how Pentax distribution network works in Asia?

Emjay will be competing for our purchases against B&H etc, so prices cannot be more than B&H prices + shipping + GST + Money Value of Local Convenience

MVLC is variable depending on different Pentaxian, of course :D

i think only the K20D price from the pentax webstore is decent (approx S$1.2k) because of the US$200 rebate.

the rest of the prices...:confused:

Agree, should match other USA websites and not Pentax's.
Should try not to have out of stock situations like FA50/1.4.

Come on ... even NTUC also got 100 Plus out of stock, and you are now talking abt FA50 1.4 ...

anyway are these "retail prices" just the RRP, so when we actually buy the item it will be cheaper than that price, or will we have to face yet another markup at the shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.