Emergency Runway excercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only say that as mentioned in the papers, the stretch of road is meant for the runway of planes as they are kept elsewhere.

As for my role in the exercise, I still cannot tell you much...because if I am to do that, I'll probably have to murder those who read that post...haha...just joking... ;)

Originally posted by AdamGoi
I can only say that as mentioned in the papers, the stretch of road is meant for the runway of planes as they are kept elsewhere.

As for my role in the exercise, I still cannot tell you much...because if I am to do that, I'll probably have to murder those who read that post...haha...just joking... ;)

*mudpool jots down notes to be passed to malaysia embassy*

;p

Yeah! I was there that morning.
Not too bad. Didn't have my camera there though as I had to fill some form which I din. hahaha I was a "invited guest."

Instead I used someone else's Fuji 601 to shoot.
Anyway, will post some when I get them back..... not sure if I can.
I'll ask arnd. Not bad, they looked quite pro.

Ur... except a F-16 that kinda wobbled when it landed.
;)

hey come to think of it doesnt it seem ironic? i mean it is supposed to be emergency exeercise and yet they have spend so much time to do so much preparatory work just prior to the landings! isnt the whole idea supposed to be when the planes need to takeoff/land then at a click of the finger the whole stretch of road will morph into a useable runway where the duration of morphing just takes at most a few minutes? can u imagine what happens in a real crisis when planes need to u take off at that stretch then they say" oh sorry u gotta wait a while coz we need to (take a few days to) remove the lamp-post and etc.." !!?? can somebody enlighten us on where is the real emergency??

clive : the purpose of this exercise is not jst to see if airforce can do it, it is also to show others that we can do it too.

first time doing this kind of thing sure slow. if u've served before u know that peace time ops and exercises stress lots of importance on safety and stuff. can't afford to have a plane crashing cos some debris from the road flew into its engines when it lands right? PR disaster...why don't u try uprooting 100+ lampposts and time how fast u can do it. ;)

i'm sure if there was a real emergency there'd be like a battalion sent to strip the roads.

chill man. its a big show. lets enjoy it.

u hav a point but ultimately there is still the "stripping" part...it would be better if the "stripping" part can be gotten rid of...but that would be another problem ;-)

Originally posted by jon33
clive : the purpose of this exercise is not jst to see if airforce can do it, it is also to show others that we can do it too.

first time doing this kind of thing sure slow. if u've served before u know that peace time ops and exercises stress lots of importance on safety and stuff. can't afford to have a plane crashing cos some debris from the road flew into its engines when it lands right? PR disaster...why don't u try uprooting 100+ lampposts and time how fast u can do it. ;)

i'm sure if there was a real emergency there'd be like a battalion sent to strip the roads.

chill man. its a big show. lets enjoy it.

Yap, I agree peace time exercises and war time standards can be different...

Example:- do you care that your 3-tonne truck don't have signal light during war time??

Status
Not open for further replies.