email service provider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyberian said:
Which email service provider would you subscribe from if u have the money?
I'd subcribe free to yahoo! and save the money to buy myself some L lenses!!! :devil:

The "new and improved" yahoo! has 100mb of e-mail storage, and even has it's own free spam filter (or at least bulk mail). :thumbsup:

But it really depends on what you want, POP3, web-base, blackberry? But if you have to tie up with a local ISP, I would go for Singnet... due more to the lack of alternatives rather than them being really good. :dunno:

bigbluesky said:
i'm using gmail, and love it!!

not that it costs me anything for now. ;)

yeah...i am using gmail too, love the interface and fast speed

even my own delicated email server also not as fast :embrass:

wonder when they will start giving invites again

What about Hotmail? :dunno: Have an account and find that it's as good as Yahoo. My office does not allow us to access Yahoo mail. :cry:

Love Yahoo mail...good spam guard and pretty consistent. The new 100mb inbox is a blast.

Kman

free mails like yahoo / hotmail are good.

simple for 2 reasons.

1. Free
2. With SGreans always changing ISP when there's a better offer, having ***@singnet / ***@starhub... u'll have to keep informing your frens everytime you change.

Thus, having a ISP independent mail, is the best and most convenient way to go!

Yahoo - 100mb as mentioned. If you want POP, try YahooPops!

Hotmail - was rumoured to be increasing to 250mb due to the recent mail storage fight, however, still nothing. In my opinion, slightly slower than yahoo.

Gmail - I never got invited!!! *sob sob*

The rest of the free email providers, i dun trust. might close down anyday. then i'll lose all my mails....

my 2 cents

Cyberian said:
If I'm not wron, think Hotmail just up the email storage to 250mb.

No leh, mine still 2 mb only :dunno:

bigbluesky said:
i'm using gmail, and love it!!

not that it costs me anything for now. ;)

how did you get invited to gmail??
i send a email at the site saying i'm interested long ago but no reply at all

Cyberian said:
If I'm not wron, think Hotmail just up the email storage to 250mb.

No, they haven't up the storage limit yet but would be doing so. They said this summer. The summer is still one and won't be over at least until Aug or Sep. So be patient, the 250MB will come.

jeez, gmail invites are being auctioned in ebay even!
funny, the things pple want :)

kohweekuan said:
how did you get invited to gmail??
i send a email at the site saying i'm interested long ago but no reply at all

got mine through Google's Blogger.com service. Invites only for 'active bloggers'. My colleague opened a blogger account and started posting rubbish to his blog for two days and then the invite link appeared in the log in page.

gmail is terrific even though it's only in beta. with this, i might never use POP mail again...

yahoo... okay, but my account has so much spam. the spam filter does an okay job, but i still have to look through in case some emails that are not spam have been classified wrongly.

hotmail... i try to keep away from microsoft products... the evil empire has too much money and power...

Status
Not open for further replies.