Email Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenant

Apr 8, 2002
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Greets,

I know this is not the forum to ask about this but no other forums are suitable too.

Ok here it is. I had already turned off email notification but whenever someone reply the threads I subscribed, I will still receive an email stating that the threads had been replied.

hm......?

Hi revenant,

Turning off email notification will not automatically unsubscribe you from the threads you've subscribe to. You need to go into user cp and unsubscribe them.

Originally posted by ziploc
Hi revenant,

Turning off email notification will not automatically unsubscribe you from the threads you've subscribe to. You need to go into user cp and unsubscribe them.

Then what's the email notification for?

Turning on email notification will turn on auto subscription to the threads involving you. Turning it off will turn off auto subscription to *future* threads. Those threads that have already been subscribed will need to be unsubscribe by yourself manually. This is to prevent unsubscribing threads that you still want to retain.

Originally posted by ziploc
Turning on email notification will turn on auto subscription to the threads involving you. Turning it off will turn off auto subscription to *future* threads. Those threads that have already been subscribed will need to be unsubscribe by yourself manually. This is to prevent unsubscribing threads that you still want to retain.

I'm confused :rolleyes:

Actually what I want is like hwz forum type. Subscribe to threads that I want, whenever someone reply won't have the email notification. Check manually through user cp.

Originally posted by revenant

I'm confused :rolleyes:

Actually what I want is like hwz forum type. Subscribe to threads that I want, whenever someone reply won't have the email notification. Check manually through user cp.

It is the same actually. Except that sicne u turn off the email notification, it only works for new and future threads. Existing threads which is already subscribe automatically will still be notified via the email.

Go to the thread that is causing the problem and unsubscribe it. Problem should be gone then.

Status
Not open for further replies.