Elva

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhapchit

Jan 17, 2002
North-East
Visit site
Trying out external flash on the Oly C700 today. Very inconsistent results, sometimes 'over' sometimes 'under'. Didn't get one single good shot. :(

P4220136a.jpg

P4220137a.jpg

I think baiyun was there too...did you see a lady with a EOS300 and 75-300mm lens?

Hmmm inconsistent results ah...which flash unit are u using? Did you allow the flash power to restore before taking the next shot? For far subjects, the flash may fire at fullblast and may take sometime to recharge fully.

hmm she doesn't look so chio here hor...?

Originally posted by Tweek
I think baiyun was there too...did you see a lady with a EOS300 and 75-300mm lens?

Hmmm inconsistent results ah...which flash unit are u using? Did you allow the flash power to restore before taking the next shot? For far subjects, the flash may fire at fullblast and may take sometime to recharge fully.

saw quite a few 75-300mm lens there :p only saw one lady using SLR but don't think that was a 75-300mm lens. This was not taken at mini-concert but at the autograph session.

I was using Nikon SB28. Tried direct flash and bounce card. Both couldn't get consistent results. Was about 6-7m away from the stage.

Originally posted by eadwine
hmm she doesn't look so chio here hor...?

yah. Shouldn't have used DC. Should have used SLR. But i think it's the case of the 'photographer' fault ;(

When you find that the flash is too bright, you should adjust the exposure compensation to -1. When I take pictures of Zoe, I will usually use P mode and adjust the exposure compensation to -1, cos that usually gives the best results. The makeup girls put on reflect light too efficiently, if your flash is too bright their faces look washed out. :D

Originally posted by zhapchit

saw quite a few 75-300mm lens there :p only saw one lady using SLR but don't think that was a 75-300mm lens. This was not taken at mini-concert but at the autograph session.

I was using Nikon SB28. Tried direct flash and bounce card. Both couldn't get consistent results. Was about 6-7m away from the stage.

Shouldn't bounce if it's that far away. Anyway, I assume you are using the SB28 in Non-TTL Auto [A] mode. In this mode, make sure you match the apertures on your camera and the flash, or over/under exposure will occur.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Shouldn't bounce if it's that far away. Anyway, I assume you are using the SB28 in Non-TTL Auto [A] mode. In this mode, make sure you match the apertures on your camera and the flash, or over/under exposure will occur.

Regards
CK

yup i was using [A] mode. Even when i match the apertures, sometimes over/under will still occur though. Probably I had some settings wrong somewhere. Will try again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.