Element @ Quarry

Status
Not open for further replies.

CZJena

Mar 5, 2005
WestCoast SG
Recently recalled fond memories many years back when my friends and i went fishing at quarry in Bt.Timah and P.Ubin. Really enjoyable then, does anyone still goes there or remember ways to get there? Welcome any cool photographer here who able to give suggestion and lets get organize for a theme-fototrip there.

Now is still wet weather season so Safety First and no babies ;p

bt15.jpg

This photo shows the Hindhede Quarry. Guess you must have not went there for at least 6 years. The place has been changed so much. It has been done up into a proper garden with Vintage point to this view that you posted but with lotsa barricades and timber broadwalk.

The original access as been sealed up to prevent people from getting into the quarry. The quarry, being a dead pool, meaning water just keep accummulating without outgoing so the water level keeps increasing everyday. I remember long logn ago when I first went there the water level was at a very shallow level. Back then we're a group of rockclimbers who were doing climbing in the areas.

NParks have taken a very serious view of trepassing into these places which they have sealed off. They've rangers that patrol the place pretty often and they would not hesitate to hand over trespassers to the police. Believe me, we went through that before. The reason being in the last 12 years since the place was known to people, there had been too many unnecessary accidents in these quarries. From inexperienced rockclimbers, jetty jumpers (stupid almost suicide jumpers!) they all give a bad name to the place and force the closure of these places. I still remember the good one days when we bring canoes in the quarry lake to play canoe polo....gone are these days....
To date, Hindhede Quarry becomes a garden liao, while Singapore Quarry is being developed or maybe have finished developed into a Condominium liao.

But I do know they still allow access to the Dairy Farm Quarry at Dairy Farm road. But just beware of the mountain bikes that are running in that areas as it is part of the mountain bike trails now.

Not sure if u still got opportunities for such outing now....good luck.

Ryan how sad to hear that .... really missed those nice old days hiking and resting there ... It used to be a quiet place and virtually if nobody else is there, you can still hear your own echos.

Any other secluded places around this tiny island? Else my plan will be towards the east malaysia or borneo.

Status
Not open for further replies.