Electroplating Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARTIN1023

Mar 15, 2004
Toa Payoh
I want to find out which method should I use to check the plating on product to ensure that the whole surface is covered by the plating. The thickness of plating is 0.3µm. Any expert out there?:lovegrin:

I want to find out which method should I use to check the plating on product to ensure that the whole surface is covered by the plating. The thickness of plating is 0.3µm. Any expert out there?:lovegrin:

What plating system on what substrate?

I am using Optical Microscope to take digital photography at 1000x can? ;)
How big is the surface that you need to inspect? Best is to use a optical surface profiler (eg Wyko) to check the evenness of the plating. If you want to use an optical microscope, then you will have to use dark-field or DIC and look out for the unplated borders, if indeed there are unplated regions.

How big is the surface that you need to inspect? Best is to use a optical surface profiler (eg Wyko) to check the evenness of the plating. If you want to use an optical microscope, then you will have to use dark-field or DIC and look out for the unplated borders, if indeed there are unplated regions.

The surface is approximately 1cm x 1cm. Will do some research on the Wyko you mentioned. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.