Electronic Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalf

Dec 20, 2003
Is it a need to get a electronic dry cabinet? Sorry if the question i ask seem stupid. I am a new Olympian. :)

get a cheap dry box loh if you only have 2~3 cameras. For the Dry Cabinet i think is not neccessary it is not cheap, again if you have those expensive lens + high end camera then it is recomended.

I have 1 x Sony Camcoder, 1 x Olympus, 1 x normal camera, 2 x lens. I store all these stuff in a slighly bigger dry box. Only costed abt S$50 or the smallest below S$40. :( If course you have to take note of the color of the silicon and need to change from time to time.

For Dry Cabinet, no need to put any silicon loh as its self contained heater or electronic anti-moisture system. In this case, power souce is required. :bsmilie:

The above statement is my own opinion, if wrong pls correct me! :)

thx. already got a Eletronic dry box

the answer to whether you need a electronic dry cabinet or not, depending very much on oneself.

Do not know what DC or DSLR are you holding, just imagine that you can spent $1000+ worth on a DC, and $100 on a electronic dry cabinet is really not material. Furthermore, the investment on a electronic dry cabinet is to protect your equipments.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

kalf said:
Is it a need to get a electronic dry cabinet? Sorry if the question i ask seem stupid. I am a new Olympian. :)

I totally agreed. Now i am having some problem with my display meter

It is good to get a dry cabinet if you are the lazy sort like me.

I used to use dry boxes. Advantage is that they are cheap and don't use electricity. However, you will need to monitor the colour of the silica gel. Also, when the silica gel runs out, you will need to get re-supply. If you buy a big bottle of silica gel make sure you keep it REALLY airtight, else your whole supply will be gone. :cry:

For dry cabinets, I got mine from CarreFour for about 80 bucks on sale. The newer dry cabinets use some sort of electrical drying technology with no moving parts, and no water to dispose. Also, electrical consumption is pretty negligible.

Whether its dry boxes or dry cabinets, they are essential for any optical equipment. It beats having fungus growing on your lenses and receiving a huge bill for cleaning them! ;)

Cheers,
David

Nowadays I used the dry cabinet to store my equipment. The dry boxes used to store negatives and color slides. ;)

just check my dry box, found some fungus on the surface my mine filter .
have to put the silicon into the microwave oven to keep away the moisture.

if we have a lot of cameras, dry cabinet is best way for the laziness ppl. thinkin wan to get one, saw one dry cabinet is selling S$105. size 32x33x33cm.

anyone can recomend me a cheap dry cabinet below S$80? ;p

give a visit at AP lor. I think they got quite a no of dry clabinet.

ya did check with AP yesterday, no stock at the moment! :( AP will not send the dry cabinet to our door step right? how much you guy is getting the dry cabinet>?

C-720 said:
ya did check with AP yesterday, no stock at the moment! :( AP will not send the dry cabinet to our door step right? how much you guy is getting the dry cabinet>?

I bot it at S$70/- ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.