Electrical drybox - do we keep the leather cases and plastic boxes in as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mpenza
besides the lens and filters?

Also, could we keep batteries inside at 45-55%?

I think that range should be ok for batts. I do that too, to prevent corrosion and rust.

At 45-55% humidity in the dry cabinet, all the stuff you mentioned should have no problems.

I can't remember the humidity for leather (lower than 40% if I am not mistaken), but it is adviceable to store your leather in drybox at lower humidity. Thus, 45-55% is ok for it...but lower better. So, no worry for that.

Battery I am not sure, but I don't feel like storing my battery inside the drybox, as inside the battery, it is semiliquid stuff (am I right?), thus don't want the drybox to dry it up. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Originally posted by Kho King
I can't remember the humidity for leather (lower than 40% if I am not mistaken), but it is adviceable to store your leather in drybox at lower humidity. Thus, 45-55% is ok for it...but lower better. So, no worry for that.

Battery I am not sure, but I don't feel like storing my battery inside the drybox, as inside the battery, it is semiliquid stuff (am I right?), thus don't want the drybox to dry it up. Please correct me if I am wrong.
For leather goods and most other stuff, too dry a climate will be really bad as you will see cracking and warping.

Batteries are fully sealed, so no worries there either.

btw, any of you using the $99 Digicab from Carrefour? I couldn't find the serial number to fill up the warranty card!!!

btw, any of you using the $99 Digicab from Carrefour? I couldn't find the serial number to fill up the warranty card!!!

I am using the Nikon version. Didn't have to fill warranty card, Nikon settled everything for me when I collected it from Nikon Singapore. :)

Regards
CK

Should have asked the counter staff to fill up and send for you. Mine they did so.

Status
Not open for further replies.