Electric shaver : Philips or Braun???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hein

Jun 19, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi Guys,

Any comments between the Philips 8000 series or Braun Activator series...

Thanx...

Hein said:
Hi Guys,

Any comments between the Philips 8000 series or Braun Activator series...

Thanx...

Philips doesn't make good shavers. Period. ;)

MashiMaro said:
so many people talk rubbish in this forum these days.

Obviously a Philips user

Braun... I am using a Phlips electric shaver and it sucks big time. Diff to get clean shaves. Only my wallet is stopping me from getting a new Braun, which I hope to, soon.

Brought a Braun some time back... but still ends up using my good-old 3-blade shaver, end up, gave the braun to my dad ;)

tao said:
Braun... I am using a Phlips electric shaver and it sucks big time. Diff to get clean shaves. Only my wallet is stopping me from getting a new Braun, which I hope to, soon.

My PRECISE sentiments. I have never used a Philips shaver that I liked.

Friends don't let friends use Philips shavers :bsmilie:

kahheng said:

hehe.. I currently have a Philips 8000 series shaver and my dad is kinda wanting (he REALLY WANTS it actually) it.... So, still deciding whether to get another one for him, or give him mine, and get a Braun.... I find the design of Braun better, and seems easier to get good shaves around the nose and lower neck area......

Hehe guys.. I do have THINK BEARD... :bsmilie: and really hope I can make a wise choise.....

Too add to that, I still have my good old gillette shaver that I use once a while... I just takes too long to put the shaving foam and shave when I only have a short while to get ready to work....

So, any more comments on that?????

kahheng said:

Yeah right, that's why my Philips shaver is still going strong after 25 years of daily and frequently twice daily use.

Ian said:
Yeah right, that's why my Philips shaver is still going strong after 25 years of daily and frequently twice daily use.

Ian, the ones 25 years ago might be good, but I find that I have to shave twice everytime I pull out the Philips. The second time immediately with a Braun just to get a clean shave the Philips fails to deliver. Hahaha!

But hey, maybe your face and whiskers are Philips friendly :bsmilie: Good on you mate, good on you.

[BTW, all my male friends agree with me, about Philips shavers being pointless]

Been using a old top-end Braun 6550 for many years liao and still going strong! :thumbsup:

by the way anyone using Braun Syncro 7526 or Braun Activator 8585? What is the price in S'pore?

many thanks!

rgds

XXX Boy said:
Been using a old top-end Braun 6550 for many years liao and still going strong! :thumbsup:

I used Philips shaver, then switched to Braun. seems to gives pretty good shave until the foil got damaged and I was almost badly cutted. Can you imagine one of the little link in the foil broke and jut out as you run the shaver across your face??! Ugly! :~(
So I switch back to Philips. May not be cleanly shaved but hey my face is still as handsome as before. :) :)

nova_nebula said:
I used Philips shaver, then switched to Braun. seems to gives pretty good shave until the foil got damaged and I was almost badly cutted. Can you imagine one of the little link in the foil broke and jut out as you run the shaver across your face??! Ugly! :~(
So I switch back to Philips. May not be cleanly shaved but hey my face is still as handsome as before. :) :)

The foil got damaged and almost badly cut your face... That sounds like something really bad with foil design then. :thumbsd: . Anybody got anything comments on that???

I used a cheapo Braun 3770 and never could get a clean shave! I bought it myself, so offcourse going for the cheaper ones :).....

Then my girlfriend gave me a Philishave 686 and always get a clean shave since then. I don't know how a cheapo Braun compares to the better Braun shavers, but Philips is good enough for me.

If you really want a good shave you have to do a wet shave..........

Uncle Hong Sien has spoken

I have the same experience with Braun and switch to Philips. So far so good.

Hein said:
The foil got damaged and almost badly cut your face... That sounds like something really bad with foil design then. :thumbsd: . Anybody got anything comments on that???

Dennis said:
I have the same experience with Braun and switch to Philips. So far so good.

You guys must press REALLY hard most of the time. :bsmilie: The thing with foil shavers is that you shouldn't. It's even in the instructions.

hongsien said:
I used a cheapo Braun 3770 and never could get a clean shave! I bought it myself, so offcourse going for the cheaper ones :).....

Then my girlfriend gave me a Philishave 686 and always get a clean shave since then. I don't know how a cheapo Braun compares to the better Braun shavers, but Philips is good enough for me.

If you really want a good shave you have to do a wet shave..........

Uncle Hong Sien has spoken

Your opinion can't be trusted here because of the obvious Dutch bias against the Germans!!! :nono: Such shameful partisan behaviour! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.