Electric Fan without blade

http://www.dyson.com/fans/

Don't understand how it works...?

airfoil technology.

The air is first drawn into the vents located below and propelled up into the vents along the rear of the circular fan shape thru an annular aperture (aka their airfoil technology). As the air is being pushed out with an increased speed, the air from the rear and surrounding is sucked in and added into the mix and translates into a higher amount of air-flow.

Last edited:
Selling at the big stores for $400 plus. Crazy price :p

Saw it in Harvey Norman...haha...demonstrated to my friends of drying the hair sticking your head in the fan. :bsmilie:

Nice for the novelty factor but that's about it. $400 is one heck of a price to pay for a fan.

you are paying for design excellence... and beauty
the operation is very quiet if you don set it to high settings

yesh price is high.. its like buying a bag of sorts.

dont have to worry about children's safety around them.. no blades means less chances of accidents..

Saw at courts woodlands . Look nice ... but very expensive leh

I too was contemplating getting this fan, or those power fans at 1/8th of the price. In the end, decided to get the power fans. Cost quite difficult to justify.

I am interested in Dysan's bagless vacuum cleaners though. Anyone tried those?

Last edited:
I too was contemplating getting this fan, or those power fans at 1/8th of the price. In the end, decided to get the power fans. Cost quite difficult to justify.

I am interested in Dysan's bagless vacuum cleaners though. Anyone tried those?

been using their vaccum for 6 years. love it. maintains a very powerful suction after so long. no other brands comes close to their machines. only part i don't like is the weight.

ok la, one thing is safe...

wont' have children sticking their fingers in..~! ouch...

i remember when i was a kid i got cut once.... bleed like crazy.. :cry:

whats the power consumsioon like? fan blade uses motor so consider high power device, 1 level lower than heating element. does it save electricity?

I saw it a few time too . . . first time at Orchard Road . . .

very tempting to buy, but the price very high lor.

i :thumbsup: to the inventor of this fan . . . break the norm. :D

There are blades inside. It's like the compressor blade of turbo jet engine but only one stage of "compressor" blades.

The air is suck into the body by the compressor and propel out thru the vents around the hoop.