Electric drybox issues. Please help.

Razali1980

Jan 28, 2011
Hi All,

I using electric drybox that I got free from IT show. In the drybox I also put one thirsty hippo.

I realise that there is water collected in the thirsty hippo. Is this acceptable? I tot drybox is to keep the water out? But why thirsty hippo got water?

Anyone can also give it a try if possible?

Regards,
Razali1980

Hi All,

I using electric drybox that I got free from IT show. In the drybox I also put one thirsty hippo.

I realise that there is water collected in the thirsty hippo. Is this acceptable? I tot drybox is to keep the water out? But why thirsty hippo got water?

Anyone can also give it a try if possible?

Regards,
Razali1980
Yo, if its an electric dry box, meaning its a dry cabinet, no need to put in thirsty hippo.
Your drycab is already a dehumidifier. Adjust the RH to settle around 45% ;)

hello brother =), recommended RH its around 45-55%, thirsty hippo is not required.

best leave the hippo out. Its chemical leh. Why introduce something not meant for its purpose.

Last edited:
Hmm okok I think I will remove the hippo then...

The purpose of the drybox is not to make the humidity level 0%. If it were, then you would be correct in thinking that the thirsty hippo shouldn't collect water in there. As the others have posted, please don't set the humidity level too low or you will cause the lubricants in your camera gear to dry up.