Electric Bicycle

LArdius

Feb 2, 2009
Singapore
I'd done some research and the cheapest of them is $700+.

I'm looking for one that is $100 to $200 maybe? Is there even such a range?. But where to get?! The bike shops near my estate all selling that $700+ range.

Planning to get one for my mother.

Anyone knows of a place that sells them at a lower price?

I'm looking for one that is $100 to $200 maybe? Is there even such a range?. But where to get?! The bike shops near my estate all selling that $700+ range.

$50 but no stock LOL
Do you know the price of normal bicycle? $100-$200
So you want electric motor + battery free?

a decent fully manual pedal adult bicycle is already near $200.00.

you want $200 electric Bicycle have to look from children section.

If you want cheaper get a second hand one

i suggest u get an electric bike with lithium ion battery + brushless motor which lasts longer

i've been doing a little research last few months myself

http://www.electric-bikes.com/bikes/index.html

been eyeing the PiCycle

".....Most electric bikes priced less than $xxx..........are aimed at the kid/teen/toy market. They generally lack the performance and durability that people want and expect........"

Last edited:
i suggest u get an electric bike with lithium ion battery + brushless motor which lasts longer

i've been doing a little research last few months myself

http://www.electric-bikes.com/bikes/index.html

been eyeing the PiCycle

".....Most electric bikes priced less than $xxx..........are aimed at the kid/teen/toy market. They generally lack the performance and durability that people want and expect........"

the price is :bigeyes:. You know those ones that the aunties and uncles ride on. Just looking for those kind. :bsmilie:

Those types are made by Toyota, I often see aunties and uncles dragging their feet along the ground attempting to stop their runaway bicycles. :rolleyes:

Eh... this is not Flintstones :think:

build your own?

Those types are made by Toyota, I often see aunties and uncles dragging their feet along the ground attempting to stop their runaway bicycles. :rolleyes:

i ever see one the wheel very small one, very hard to balance, an uncle almost fell when try to brake....

Eh... this is not Flintstones :think:
No, seriously. Some of these bicycles with a maximum power output exceeding 200 watts are illegally imported without approval from the LTA and with absolutely no electronics speed control or limiter fitted whatsoever.

There is just so much the brake handles can be pumped continuously on what could be an essentially out of control electrical motorbike travelling downhill before the braking efficiency starts fading.

Last edited:
No, seriously. Some of these bicycles with a maximum power output exceeding 200 watts are illegally imported without approval from the LTA and with absolutely no electronics speed control or limiter fitted whatsoever.

There is just so much the brake handles can be pumped continuously on what could be an essentially out of control electrical motorbike travelling downhill before the braking efficiency starts fading.

If I may quote Spidey again..

"With great power, comes great braking systems"

Which kind of dodo would design such a bike? I suspect lack of disc brake being used is it?