Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron80

Mar 29, 2006
North
www.flickr.com
Hi my problem is sort of similar to Wolfgang's problem of playing Supreme Commander. I want to buy Elder Scroll IV Oblivion to play on my PC but I am worried that my PC cannot make it. Hope u guys can help me out, especially those who have played this game on similar configurations..

My PC specs
1) Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
2) 1 Gb system ram
3) 100 Gb harddisk
4) Geforce 4 Ti 4400 128Mb

I know the main factor should be my graphics card as it is quite an old model liao.. I read from another website that Geforce 4 Ti only supports shader model 1.x and can't run oblivion. Quite sad to hear that coz I really want to try this game. Anyone can confirm whether this is true? I will be getting Oblivion from a guy very soon and need to confirm this..

Hi my problem is sort of similar to Wolfgang's problem of playing Supreme Commander. I want to buy Elder Scroll IV Oblivion to play on my PC but I am worried that my PC cannot make it. Hope u guys can help me out, especially those who have played this game on similar configurations..

My PC specs
1) Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
2) 1 Gb system ram
3) 100 Gb harddisk
4) Geforce 4 Ti 4400 128Mb

I know the main factor should be my graphics card as it is quite an old model liao.. I read from another website that Geforce 4 Ti only supports shader model 1.x and can't run oblivion. Quite sad to hear that coz I really want to try this game. Anyone can confirm whether this is true? I will be getting Oblivion from a guy very soon and need to confirm this..

You may experience a high amount of lag at higher levels (when there are more monsters). Everything slows down also when there are more NPCs walking around or fighting monsters with you. You should be able to play it provided you are ready to play it at a low resolution (640X480) and turn off grass and tree rendering. There are a few in game options that make it possible to optimize these. True the graphics may not be as good but that is not why you play Oblivion since the gameplay totally rocks!!

Yup, very true, I think you need at least a 5500.

I have a 6200 and it works fine, albeit at the lowest graphical settings.

For max settings you need SLI-linked 6800s minimum.

hey, talking about ES:O, i bought it on xbox360. Well, i didn't really like it. The map is just too darn big, and the guy walks so slow, and he can't walk up the slope. When the rides on a horse, the movement is darn fake. The game is just too big...

Anywway, it doesn't mean the game sucks. It's just that it doesn't suit me.

Well, it IS an RPG...

hey, talking about ES:O, i bought it on xbox360. Well, i didn't really like it. The map is just too darn big, and the guy walks so slow, and he can't walk up the slope. When the rides on a horse, the movement is darn fake. The game is just too big...

Anywway, it doesn't mean the game sucks. It's just that it doesn't suit me.

Have to keep playing to 'upgrade' your atheletics. It get more fun when you start doing the quests.

I have the Xbox version too but opted for the PC version in the end. Just not used to the controls. More of a keyboard/mouse person. So thinking of selling off the XBOX version.

Status
Not open for further replies.