EL Nikkor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

leith1978

Nov 2, 2006
anybody can help about EL Nikkor usage in DSLR?
especially about magnification & focusing distance information?
assume the EL mounted on PB-4 bellow

Hi leith1978

You can check out this link

There exist s F-Mount EL-Nikkor Adapter as well as a F-Mount EL-Nikkor Reverse Adapter
but doesn look like easy to find

Ryan

hi Ryan,
thanks for the link
that would be usefull later when trying to attach the EL nikkor to bellow or nikon body

anyone have info on how the EL nikkor would behave on nikon body?
like how to focus, how close and how far the EL-nikkor can focus, and how to stop down?

thanks & regards,
indra

Hi leith1978

You can check out this link

There exist s F-Mount EL-Nikkor Adapter as well as a F-Mount EL-Nikkor Reverse Adapter
but doesn look like easy to find

Ryan

hi Ryan,
thanks for the link
that would be usefull later when trying to attach the EL nikkor to bellow or nikon body

anyone have info on how the EL nikkor would behave on nikon body?
like how to focus, how close and how far the EL-nikkor can focus, and how to stop down?

thanks & regards,
indra
Don't think the EL is calibrated to be used on the current F-mount body. I believe the film pane position is out thus making it almost impossible to have good focus.

On the other hand, when using with a bellow, one would not have the focus problem anymore due to the flexiblility of the bellow. :)

Is EL Nikkor an enlarger lens?

yes, they are enlarger lenses.

I'm quite sure I have the adaptor to mount an EL Nikkor to Nikon F camera. I did mount an EL Nikkor 50/2.8 lens on a Canon DSLR (I don't use Nikon DSLR) before and IIRC, it can't focus to infinity, with or without bellow. The only enlarger lens that can reach infinity is the 80mm (and above, of course.)

As for the magnification and focusing distance in macro range, I can check it out when I am home tonight. will update.

YOL

yes, they are enlarger lenses.

Gosh.. how are you going to focus without a bellow? I was using Rodenstock and Schneider enlarging lenses. Still have those lenses but already tore down the enlarger.

Just tried out the El Nikkor with the adaptor. The adaptor and the combo (on the good old FE2) are shown below:

2137340089_6e1e48346d_o.jpg

2137358197_eef4fd6660_o.jpg

Without a bellow, it can only focus at about 1.5 feet. I took a shot on this page (using a 20D) and it looks like this: (resized to 25%)

2138121890_2399bb6e69_o.jpg

So, I reckon that with bellow, it would make a good macro setup with a working distance of maybe 1~2 inches.

YOL

any sample images taken with EL nikkor(s)?
with or without bellow

Just tried out the El Nikkor with the adaptor. The adaptor and the combo (on the good old FE2) are shown below:

Without a bellow, it can only focus at about 1.5 feet. I took a shot on this page (using a 20D) and it looks like this: (resized to 25%)

2138121890_2399bb6e69_o.jpg

So, I reckon that with bellow, it would make a good macro setup with a working distance of maybe 1~2 inches.

YOL

with or without bellow

I was not clear enough. That screen shot was taken WITH the EL Nikkor, without a bellow.:)
(EL Nikkor + NIKLEI adaptor+Nikon-EOS ring mounted on Canon 20D. ) Focusing by moving in and out until I see a sharp image, then shoot, handheld. I don't have very steady hands so I think the EL Nikkor should be capable of producing much much sharper image than shown. I was only interested to find out quicky if the combo would reach infinity, or not.

When the M42-4/3 ring comes next week, I will try out the EL Nikkor on the E-3. It should have a longer focusing distance.... we shall see.

with or without bellow

That screen shot was taken WITH the EL Nikkor, without a bellow.:)
(EL Nikkor + NIKLEI adaptor+Nikon-EOS ring mounted on Canon 20D. ) Focusing by moving in and out until I see a sharp image, then shoot, handheld. I don't have very steady hands so I think the EL Nikkor should be capable of producing much much sharper image than shown. I was only interested to find out quicky if the combo would reach infinity, or not.

When the M42-4/3 ring comes next week, I will try out the EL Nikkor on the E-3. It should have a longer focusing distance.... we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.