ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
egret.jpg

egret_v.jpg

Like the first pic, it's great...

Second one I feel the pov is took noticeably... i.e. taken from above and slightly behind.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Bluestrike
Wow you are fast.......

So finally... your hand not that itchy anymore.....

Anyway, I prefer the 1sy pic!
Heh heh heh... thats not entirely right... as I told Saw when asked how often I shoot... "Ermm... not often enough" :p

Originally posted by Edmund
Heh heh heh... thats not entirely right... as I told Saw when asked how often I shoot... "Ermm... not often enough" :p
Well you have the DC liao........
Anytime, anywhere.....

Originally posted by Jed
Like the first pic, it's great...

Second one I feel the pov is took noticeably... i.e. taken from above and slightly behind.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yup yup.. that's right.. it was about to "leave" me after a while... and I didn't exactly have my eye to the viewfinder for this one, hence a little bit of its crown was cropped off too.

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Well you have the DC liao........
Anytime, anywhere.....
Hahah... true true... but it aint exactly mine.. although, I'm just helping to maximise on its use. :D

Btw, that is also the reason why I was able to post these shots so soon. The majority are still at the lab (and yes, this time I made doubly, even triply sure they push 1 stop for my Velvia rolls). ;)

Originally posted by ckiang
Liked the first one, though the waterfall thingie at the back is a little strange. :p

Regards
CK
I agree, my fault completely... was relying on the LCD of the S40 (for composition) from out-stretched arms with the sun shining directly onto my face and missed the waterfall totally. Should have used that viewfinder, but I really dislike looking thru viewfinders that dun show me the exact output. ;p

I agree, my fault completely... was relying on the LCD of the S40 (for composition) from out-stretched arms with the sun shining directly onto my face and missed the waterfall totally. Should have used that viewfinder, but I really dislike looking thru viewfinders that dun show me the exact output. ;p

Huh? This is not from your EOS? A long, long lens would have blown everything into a blur in the background. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Huh? This is not from your EOS? A long, long lens would have blown everything into a blur in the background. :)

Regards
CK
Nope, it isn't from my EOS camera & lens (as I have said above, it's from a Canon S40 P&S DC - yes, it is still my fault :p ). I probably wouldn't even have had the waterfall in the background with that since I should have noticed it (through the viewfinder) as I'm usually very careful with what's in the background.

For those of you who aren't too particular about digital manipulation where some stuff are digitally removed, I have a version of the 1st pic that doesn't have the waterfall in the background.

egret_noWF.jpg

wow!

can't praise "myself" any further...

:)

Nope, it isn't from my EOS camera & lens (as I have said above, it's from a Canon S40 P&S DC - yes, it is still my fault :p ). I probably wouldn't even have had the waterfall in the background with that since I should have noticed it (through the viewfinder) as I'm usually very careful with what's in the background.

For those of you who aren't too particular about digital manipulation where some stuff are digitally removed, I have a version of the 1st pic that doesn't have the waterfall in the background.

That looks quite a bit better! :D Sometimes, you just have to digitally remove things. Used sparingly, it can be a 'lifesaver'. :)

Regards
CK

nice nice, are your waiting for mine too?? too bad i got no scanner. :(

care to share with me your exposure setting? i remember the sun was right above us. Under this circumstances, the head should be very bright, but yours are just right. For this I am impress. Did you -1stop or did u forcus at the white feather ( hence exposure will reduce)?

TIA.

Originally posted by Violett
NIce pics Edmund... keke...
Thanks Violett.

Originally posted by ninelives
nice nice, are your waiting for mine too?? too bad i got no scanner. :(

care to share with me your exposure setting? i remember the sun was right above us. Under this circumstances, the head should be very bright, but yours are just right. For this I am impress. Did you -1stop or did u forcus at the white feather ( hence exposure will reduce)?

TIA.
Yes yes!! Show show!!!

The following are the settings. No exposure compensation was done and I focused at the head and eye area of the Egret.

First Photo
Exposure time 1/250 s
F-number 4.9
Subject distance 0.733 m
Focal length 21.3 mm

Second Photo
Exposure time 1/200 s
F-number 4.9
Subject distance 0.615 m
Focal length 21.3 mm

Originally posted by megaweb
very sharp and nice ... how close are u to the bird ?
See above... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.