Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
bird_01.jpg

Canon EOS 30
EF 70-200mm f2.8 L @ 200mm,f/4
Fujichrome Velvia

welcome comment :)

WOW...that's a wonderful picture... Care to share the settings?
Any flash invloved..can't tell leh... It's a Great Shot!!

good composition with flow lines..... would prefer to place the eye near the power point (ie the rule of thirds, not the presentation program :p)

i assume fill in flash was used? can see a little twinkle in the eye plus reflection of its beak

Thanks guys ... this shot was taken at JBP entrance sometimes ago ... I think I did not use any flash light at all ...

settings ? Av mode , F4 ..

composition ? will take note of tt next time .. :)

Good shot!! Like it. Rule of thirds? I think it is important to understand when and why it is used rather than follow it aimlessly as a strict rule. I don't see how you can effectively put the eye in the one third portion of your frame and yet retain the beak and show a good part of the bird's body. Even if that's possible, it's just one composition but following such rules blindly will cause your pictures to be very boring indeed.

Did I see blood on the beak? Nice photo, nice compo, but the eye/head is not very sharp on my screen. Handshake? I can't find an sharpest point...so shouldn't be focus problem.

Coolconnect...pain to load...but is worth it for this photo. Still...hope you can change to other image server...this photo deserves publicity oversea. Be fair to it...:)

Originally posted by David
Good shot!! Like it. Rule of thirds? I think it is important to understand when and why it is used rather than follow it aimlessly as a strict rule. I don't see how you can effectively put the eye in the one third portion of your frame and yet retain the beak and show a good part of the bird's body. Even if that's possible, it's just one composition but following such rules blindly will cause your pictures to be very boring indeed.

then u can put the eyes at the level a third from the top. in this case it's too high. a little head space will be good

Status
Not open for further replies.