Eggs & Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ice

This is my first try at abstract. Please let me know what you guys think of it. Thanks :)

Eggs_4.jpg

Eggs_5.jpg

Guitar_5.jpg

Originally posted by Tweek

I think this one is really cool...mind sharing what you did to achieve this effect? ;)

My guess: zooming during the exposure.
Not sure if this can be done on consumer digicams.

Originally posted by roygoh

My guess: zooming during the exposure.
Not sure if this can be done on consumer digicams.

yup that's what I thought too, but the image looks like from a digicam rather than a slide scan. Well maybe it was taken with a DSLR.

oh wait Dimage 5/7 has a zoom ring, maybe those will work too. :)

The effect for the egg is acheived by zooming, which is done using my EOS 33 and a 28-105mm lens. The background is a black drop cloth and the light was from my brother`s table lamp.

The image was shot with Fuji Sensia 100 and scanned with my epson 1250 flatbed.

1st pic
i agre it looks sensual.. but your dark background gives a sinister feel to the egg... (watch this thread explode). mmm k but erm i wonder if a more themed or focused shot cld be accomplish? sure the eggs look great but whats the point of the photo? :) just a thought.. hehehe the eggs feel bold and hard!

2nd pic..
good play on black negative space.
this pic will work for small sized pictures.. not big. but good abstract effect..
the picture gives me a feeling that i am the last one standing! :)

3rd pic
egg guitar! is that your egg beater? :rolleyes:
i felt that the bottom part very underexposed.. mm no focus in the picture :) ill be posting some guitar shots today.. check it out.. not that they are great heh :p wonder were should i put it

[color=royal blue]1st pic
i agre it looks sensual.. but your dark background gives a sinister feel to the egg... (watch this thread explode). mmm k but erm i wonder if a more themed or focused shot cld be accomplish? sure the eggs look great but whats the point of the photo? just a thought.. hehehe the eggs feel bold and hard![/color]

Well when I was taking this photo, my aim was to portray the eggs in a gloomy kinda way. That's why I used black as a black drop. Hmmmm I'd like to have a theme, but my mind was black at that time ;) By the way, the backdrop is actually a black shirt of mine coz I couldn't find any black cloth. ;)

[color=royal blue]2nd pic..
good play on black negative space.
this pic will work for small sized pictures.. not big. but good abstract effect..
the picture gives me a feeling that i am the last one standing![/color]

:) This is actually my first time trying out the zoom effect. I've seen it done in books so I decided to give it a try. I took 4 shots using different shutter speeds and zoom speed. But this is the only shot I like best:)

[color=royal blue] 3rd pic
egg guitar! is that your egg beater?
i felt that the bottom part very underexposed.. mm no focus in the picture ill be posting some guitar shots today.. check it out.. not that they are great heh :p wonder were should i put it[/color]

HAHAHA, well after shooting the eggs, found that I still had some film left and was thinking of what to do with if, when I saw my bro's guitar lying on the bed and decided: wat the heck....and decided to try some guitar shots.....too bad it didn't turn out that great.....doesn't have that WOW factor :(

Ya pics are not too bad...:)

I like the zooming effect on the 2nd pic!!

Thanks for all the cool reviews guys:) Really appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.