EFS 10-22 on 5D Mark II

Just got my EF 24-85 USM buffle Part no: CY1-2759-000 at same price.

Hi Engrmariano,

Thank you for the sharing.

It is interesting to note the possibility of converting EFS Lens to EF Lens.

2 querries:

1. Can it be done on a third party lens e.g. Sigma 10-22mm?
2. Can we attach the baffle onto a EF lens?

Thanks

My apologises for resurrecting an old thread. Does anyone know if it is possible to mount the 10-22 back on a crop after changing to a EF buffle?

I'm thinking of changing it to a EF buffle, then attach it to a 1.4x teleconverter and putting it on a 5d3... thanks!

Yes if you have converted to EF, of course it will still work on a crop camera as the crop cameras use a EF mount too....

let me know your results after doing it hehe...

My apologises for resurrecting an old thread. Does anyone know if it is possible to mount the 10-22 back on a crop after changing to a EF buffle?

I'm thinking of changing it to a EF buffle, then attach it to a 1.4x teleconverter and putting it on a 5d3... thanks!

I have done some research already. I have confirm that the 10-22 will work on the 5d2 with a 1.4 TC. The pro is that it will be much sharper and more contrasty than just mounting the 10-22 directly on the 5d2. Feedbacks received shows that it's sharp throughout, not soft in the corners unlike mounting directly. Tested with a 100mm UWA Lee holder as well, showed no vignette.

The drawback is that it still only works from 12mm to 22mm. 11mm and wider, the rear element of the 10-22 will hit the front element of the TC. And of cos, that 1 stop of light. But it makes it much safer to use, as you don't really have to worry about the mirror hitting the rear element anymore; it's stopped by the TC. So turn it all the way gently.

Sample images (last 4 shots are shot with the 5d3 and 1.4x TC with 10-22. First 2 is with 7D and 10-22 (EF mount) directly.):
http://www.benjacobsenphoto.com/2010/photography/newton-ave-9-18-2010/

Last edited:
Ran into a hiccup today. I just went canon service centre (1st floor) at harbourfront and they tell me they strictly don't sell spare parts...

Anyone knows where to get the ef buffle?

Called Camera Hospital as well, they dont sell spare parts...

Last edited:
Ran into a hiccup today. I just went canon service centre (1st floor) at harbourfront and they tell me they strictly don't sell spare parts...

i went to the 4th floor service center. but i did my ordering through phone call 1st then they called me when the part arrived...
that specific EF lens baffle is for EF 24-85 f3.5-4.5 USM lens btw...

Not sure if this work, but you might want to look at it.

CANON EF 35-105MM 4.5-5.6 II USM LENS MOUNT ASSEMBLY UNIT NEW AUTHENTIC PART OEM | eBay

wow that's exp haha. Anyway, I have finally ordered the part through Canon Singapore, after speaking to 4 people.

1st Person (at Canon Care Center):
Tells me Canon doesn't sell spare parts.

2nd Person (Phone):
Tells me the part number doesn't exist and they dont sell spare parts, but will forward the enquiry to the marketing dept (seriously, I don't get the link between spare parts and marketing =.=)

3rd Person (Called me, from Marketing):
Doesn't know what's a EF baffle, confused it with rear cap. But took down the model number (2nd guy never gave him) and told me he will help me ask around. Tells me don't get too much hopes as Canon don't sell spare parts.

4th Person (called me, dunno from where):
Told me she had looked at the enquiry, and immediately replied that it's $8.56 including GST but will take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Will inform me when it's here. Kudos to the lady! (Y)

Last edited: