Status
Not open for further replies.

farhanzallani

Jun 8, 2009
guys! need ur honest opinon
im a newbie here..
im planning buy EF 50mm f/1.8 II for $159

is it recommended??

its good option and also cheap prime lens..
$159? is it filter included?
price should be around $130... maybe you may consider for second hand around 90-110.

Yes, yes, yes.

This is the best value for money lens that you can buy. Despite the plasticky construct and light weight feel, and the lack of zoom, the images taken are really sharp and good.

If you have a bit more money to burn, you can consider the EF50mm f/1.4. But in either case, it's worth it.

Go for it!

Yeah I think u can get it at a bit lower then $159... Check out a few shops first...

but do u feel that on a crop body...its like v far...i got to move back n move further back if i wan to take a pic of more than just face...

im a newbie here..

is it recommended??

gd lens, but $159 is overpriced. u could consider getting one at $100-$110. alike the kit lens, u can be more assured that this lens are in excellent conditions even if 2nd hand, because ppl selling to upgrade. then again, u can always pay that extra amount for your peace of mind by having a brand new one, definitely nothing wrong with that. your call ...

im a newbie here..

is it recommended??
the f1.8 will be very useful for lowlight and the background blur effect for portraits but i usually use f4 for the sharpness.

depending on what you intend to use for, i recommend the 18-55mm IS lens instead....in good light, it can even give the Tamron 17-50 a run for the money.

the f1.8 will be very useful for lowlight and the background blur effect for portraits but i usually use f4 for the sharpness.

depending on what you intend to use for, i recommend the 18-55mm IS lens instead....in good light, it can even give the Tamron 17-50 a run for the money.

am agree with this one.
if you got some more money to transform into a lens, might consider tamron 17-50. its worth!!

just buy :devil: talk later..:bsmilie:

but $159, think too expensive liao..

do check out a few more stores..

hey guys! thanks for ur replies..such a good news..hmm where can i get 2nd hand lenses??
is there any links???

hmm where can i get 2nd hand lenses?? is there any links???

If you are at the main page of the forum just scroll down ... scroll down ... further down ... a bit more ... you can see it? "Personal Classifieds" :bsmilie: Since you are looking for Canon EF 50 f/1.8 II please click on the link for "Canon Equipment". Happy shopping ;)

A lens that's a steal... but price should be between $110 and $135 for a new copy with local Canon warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.