EF 28-70mm f2.8L with fogging

Status
Not open for further replies.
what cause lens to fog? care to share so that we can avoid this problem with our new lens?

how do we prevent fogging in cold places? any tips?

what cause lens to fog? care to share so that we can avoid this problem with our new lens?

not sure about others, but mine is first group of moving element from the front... the canon ppl says dnt knw why, but need to change and cant be clean... but they want me to show it to them again... but i never go down yet... cos never use it any more... but if they offer me a good deal to get a new one... i might... hee..

Fogging is different from short term condensation. Not really sure what the cause of fogging is, but for condensation, keep it in your bag and let it slowly adjust to the climate while in your bag.

I used to be in a high humidity place which fogs my UV filter. I thought if I remove it then will be fine. Who knows once I remove the UV, the entire lens fogs up. So for sure condensation is caused from the front.

If you screw on a UV filter, the fog may not appear. Try it and let us know.

Haha, I emailed them about 2 problems with lenses. One with fungus and the above mentioned fogging. Think I got the same response. Looks like their email response are automated. LOL!

I used to be in a high humidity place which fogs my UV filter. I thought if I remove it then will be fine. Who knows once I remove the UV, the entire lens fogs up. So for sure condensation is caused from the front.

If you screw on a UV filter, the fog may not appear. Try it and let us know.

fogging is NOT condensation...

Fogging is different from short term condensation. Not really sure what the cause of fogging is, but for condensation, keep it in your bag and let it slowly adjust to the climate while in your bag.

i realise this is a know problem on this 70-200mm, "fogging"... found an article here...
read if u r interested...

http://www.mail-archive.com/eos@a1.nl/msg08463.html

just concentrate on the term "fogging" there... mine is exactly the same problem describe by him...

accordingly to him... some left factory already "fogged"...

interesting...

Haha, I emailed them about 2 problems with lenses. One with fungus and the above mentioned fogging. Think I got the same response. Looks like their email response are automated. LOL!

who did u talk to huh... care to share...
i have a case with them too... about fogging...
they want me to go down to them again...
but i didnt hv the time to do it yet still..
cause they are kinda out of place to me... hee...

Status
Not open for further replies.