EF 28-300mm f3.5-5.6L IS USM Review at Luminous Landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garion

Nov 26, 2002
West side of S'pore
Visit site
The 28-300mm reviewed by Michael Reichmann at Luminous Landscape. His verdict?

"It's big, it's heavy and it's expensive. All aspects of performance at the wide end of the lens' focal range are modest, though it improves to quite decent levels at mid and long focal lengths. I am certain that there are photographers who will find that this lens' performance meets their needs, and for whom its physical and financial challenges are acceptable. But for many photographers two separate high quality zoom lens may well prove to be a preferable solution."

Link here: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/Canon-28-300.shtml

Sometimes i wish Reichmann would just throw away that DXO machine. His past reviews (w/o the DXO) were much more readable. Anyway, the DXO results are pretty meaningless to most of us unless compared with other lenses of similar focal length.

While he did include some field notes in the review, i think the old style of comparing images from different lenses side by side was better, or at least a more enjoyable read.

ST1100 said:
While he did include some field notes in the review, i think the old style of comparing images from different lenses side by side was better, or at least a more enjoyable read.
Yup... I agree, this new way is more like an improved version of Photodo.

Status
Not open for further replies.