EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM with APS-C sensor good for Portrait shoot?

szehanz

Dec 31, 2009
As per title.

Thanks and Regards,
szehanz

40D + EF 100/2.8L IS Macro :

4318285357_baac34e43c_b.jpg

4319013062_0d81a5ea46_b.jpg

if u dun mind the working distance and the "oversharpness" macro lens provides as a portrait lens, by all means~ :)

I use it with 500D, here are some photos to share. All pictures are not crop and edit.

2cprva8.jpg

1/320 f/3.2 ISO 400

2cru6vo.jpg

1/160 f/3.2 ISO 400

jqq5xt.jpg

1/250 f/4.0 ISO 200

I don't see a problem with that.

I use it with 500D, here are some photos to share. All pictures are not crop and edit.
jqq5xt.jpg

1/250 f/4.0 ISO 200

i am amazed by the details at the nose area. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. :cool:

Regards,
szehanz

Sorry TS got to side track abit, I heard that this macro lens is no as fast as the other prime lens, in terms of focusing speed....wonder is it very significant?

Sorry TS got to side track abit, I heard that this macro lens is no as fast as the other prime lens, in terms of focusing speed....wonder is it very significant?

It does hunts a bit when you are doing macro but if you are doing portraits, there is a switch which you can turn to limit its focusing range, and the focusing would be very fast.

I find that the macro lens speed is fast enough for a slow mole like me :). I used it for both macros and portraits.

if u dun mind the working distance and the "oversharpness" macro lens provides as a portrait lens, by all means~ :)

funny how a lens is too sharp... :D Usually people complain that a lens is not sharp enough.