Edited Pics, Can't view in camera

ataraxist

Dec 23, 2010
dear friends, need advice.

i edited my pics (via adobe lightroom) and placed it back into the memory stick, retaining the same file name, but camera says "can't display". what's the problem and anyway to get it to work and view in the camera? i need to playback via the camera instead of a laptop.

thx.

Cameras have their own format. Your computer (and PS/LR) can interpret the format, thus allowing you to work on your format, but the camera cannot read ANY computer format.

No camera that I've ever heard of can do what you want to do.

I think its because you edited the file on your memory card rather than transferring it first to your PC then edit the file from there.

dear friends, need advice.

i edited my pics (via adobe lightroom) and placed it back into the memory stick, retaining the same file name, but camera says "can't display". what's the problem and anyway to get it to work and view in the camera? i need to playback via the camera instead of a laptop.

thx.

LFC25 is right. Your camera cannot read edited files as its firmware is not programmed to read files that are not created from the camera itself. When a camera reads a file, it reads additional metadata e.g. exposure, orientation, file sequence etc... most of these information is lost when you run your photos through post-processing thus renders the files unreadable to the camera.

The checksum failed. Your camera puts in a checksum in the images the camera takes in order to authenticate the authenticity of the image. If you modified it and put it back in, the checksum will fail and your camera will reject those images because it has proof that those images are taken by that camera. Take note that your camera is an image capturing device and NOT a image viewing device. =D