Ebay singapore site

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
wants to know your experiences with ebay singapore site with regards to response, effectiveness, (genuine) buyers and sellers, pricing, etc. i understand there is no cost involved in posting b/s items on the local website. thanks.

Somehow for local purchases, Yahoo!Auctions is much better. A lot more popular with a lot more products. I think Y!Auction's rating system is pretty good. So far, I've not had any problems.

synapseman said:
Somehow for local purchases, Yahoo!Auctions is much better. A lot more popular with a lot more products. I think Y!Auction's rating system is pretty good. So far, I've not had any problems.
agree.:thumbsup:

ebay.:thumbsd: a few never contact after the agreement.:sticktong

i have both Ebay and yahoo! auctions accounts and i would say Yahoo has more target audience. ur items get more attention provided u know hw to play the game.

i sold 2 of my items in like 1 week and i have lots more to go. hoping ppl will buy them. at least its a matter of time lah.

compared to Ebay. it takes forever for people to go there and take a look.

Ebay international is a good place to look see look see.

Yahoo! auctions is a better place to sell to local residents. :thumbsup:

go for Yahoo! :thumbsup:

thanks for the tips.

glennyong said:
i have both Ebay and yahoo! auctions accounts and i would say Yahoo has more target audience. ur items get more attention provided u know hw to play the game.

How to play the game? Teach us leh. Start at $1 and put reserve price?

glennyong said:

i sold 2 of my items in like 1 week and i have lots more to go. hoping ppl will buy them. at least its a matter of time lah.

compared to Ebay. it takes forever for people to go there and take a look.

Ebay international is a good place to look see look see.

Yahoo! auctions is a better place to sell to local residents. :thumbsup:

go for Yahoo! :thumbsup:
Wanna share the link to the auctions?

TIA.

afbug said:
How to play the game? Teach us leh. Start at $1 and put reserve price?

for example

Nikon D100 for sale (Nt Canon, Olyumpus, Leica, Panasonic etc etc...)

den the names all inside will help "advertising" for ur products... whenn pple search for Canon, ur nikon product pops out, when pple search for leica, ur nikon pops out... so increase chances of selling when its exposed to more possiblities... oh wells.. its not considered a game lah.. but a practice if u wanna sell your product quick.

drafting88 said:
As in the items you are selling......

Had a bad experience dealing in ebay, stuff jus didn't arrive and told to wait around 10 weeks cos ship from AMERICA, so I GONG GONG TAN!!!;( However, cannot take action cos can only lodge complaints within 8 weeks.

I bid quite a lot of items from ebay. Mostly from oversea due to local don't have such items. Sometime, bid wrong, hope another bidder can out bid me, haha! :bsmilie: Anyway, I go to ebay for rare item n bid only those that are cheap n from good rating seller. Else those from china, which mostly are conman, can forget bidding from them. ;)

BBTM said:
Else those from china, which mostly are conman, can forget bidding from them. ;)

I always avoid the above seller.
They ask for sky shipping cost...

therat said:
I always avoid the above seller.
They ask for sky shipping cost...

Encounter one recently. He claim that down at China, they having problem with paypal and they advise to use other kind of payment. The item which he is selling is very cheap but no one bid for it. Another user selling the same thing, got a lot of people bidding on it. On top of that, the china seller don't even have a comment from other. :bsmilie:

glennyong said:
for example

Nikon D100 for sale (Nt Canon, Olyumpus, Leica, Panasonic etc etc...)

den the names all inside will help "advertising" for ur products... whenn pple search for Canon, ur nikon product pops out, when pple search for leica, ur nikon pops out... so increase chances of selling when its exposed to more possiblities... oh wells.. its not considered a game lah.. but a practice if u wanna sell your product quick.

That practice is regarded as keyword spamming, Yahoo Auctions apparently allow it, while it isn't on Ebay.

Frankly I find it annoying that I search for Canon products and end up with a Precious Moments clay figurine or a keychain or something.

r32 said:
That practice is regarded as keyword spamming, Yahoo Auctions apparently allow it, while it isn't on Ebay.

Frankly I find it annoying that I search for Canon products and end up with a Precious Moments clay figurine or a keychain or something.

No, keyword spamming is not allowed under Yahoo! Auctions Guidelines.
It is clearly stated on the Yahoo! Auctions main page as follows :

http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/

What is keyword spam?
Keyword spam occurs when a seller crams irrelevant keywords into his or her item's title. For example, someone selling a pair of Nike shoes may put "not Reebok, Adidas, Kappa, Apple, Nokia" into the title field. But this is not allowed as it may mislead potential buyers or cause the listing to be included in search results to which it is not relevant. Keyword spam causes confusion and leads to a poor experience on Auctions.

Please use your best judgment. Use keywords that are relevant to what you are selling. Yahoo! reserves the right to remove auctions for items that are in violation of the Yahoo! Terms of Service and the Auction Guidelines. For more information, refer to the Auction Guidelines.

i would prefer hardwarezone. the classified being upgraded to marketplace where you can bid like auction.yahoo. ebay.com.sg has a lot of fraud email.:thumbsd:

I use Yahoo Auctions Sg rather regularly too. Most sellers are generally quite trustworthy and some do sent out items rather fast once payment(usually thru bank account transfer) is acknowledged. I picked up one or two defective items though, but the cost was negligble, so i left it at that.

Always check out the seller's ratings if you are buying stuff from them. If there are two similar items from 2 different sellers, i would usually opt for the seller with higher rating if the difference is not too huge.

beware of highest rating, do click on the comments and notice the time. I found some sellers have a very high good rating, but the interval between the comment placed was 1 minute apart, so i know they are not trustful. :thumbsd:

Do a search on 7800 GTX on ebay. You can see a funny thing happened. What I mean is that there is a laptop with 2.26 Ghz n 7800 GTX build-in???? :think: Furthermore seller is from China and his buyer reply in Geman. Price are damn low, something fishy going over there. No paypal hor. :think: :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.