Ebay/online charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
anyone sells their stuffs via Ebay before ??? if an item is successfully sold via Ebay, do Ebay incur charges on seller??

anyone uses Paypal before?? roughly how does it works ??? do they charge for each transactions?

thanks ...

Yes, of course they charge. The final fee is a percentage of the ending bid price.

Paypal is free for the sender, but the receiver must pay a transaction fee, as well as a conversion fee if the transaction involves converting to/from non-US currency.

As you can imagine, ebay fees and paypal fees can add up to a sizeable amount of the ending bid.

wah piangz ... "final fee is a percentage of the ending bid price" ar .. then i better dun let my lens via Ebay liao .... :what:

Insertion fees (meaning fees for listing your item on ebay):
Code:
Starting Price,
Opening Value or
Reserve Price 		Insertion Fee 
$0.01 - $9.99 		$0.30 
$10.00 - $24.99 	$0.55 
$25.00 - $49.99 	$1.10 
$50.00 - $199.99	$2.20 
$200.00 and up		$3.30

Final value fees (meaning fees that you have to pay for successfully bidded items):

Code:
Closing Value 	Final Value Fee 

$0 - $25 	5.25% of the closing value 

$25 - $1,000 	5.25% of the initial $25 ($1.31),
		plus 2.75% of the remaining closing
		value balance ($25.01 to $1,000) 

Over $1,000 	5.25% of the initial $25 ($1.31),
		plus 2.75% of the initial $25 - $1000 ($26.81),
		plus 1.50% of the remaining closing 
		value balance ($1000.01 - closing value)

All in USD of course.

used to sell lots of stuff on eBay and also accepted payment by PayPal. My take is this: there are advantages to sell on eBay (depending on the kind of stuff) and you get international exposure, so chances of getting a good price is better. For me, I have a spreadsheet that will figure out the charges so that I know what reserve price I should set.

bottom line for services like PayPal is that there isn't a better alternative, particular for people in Singapore selling to the world. You either accept cash by post and take the risk and hassle of it going missing, or you can let PayPal earn something, but you get it instantaneously and safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.