ebay lens purchase

pewpewpew

Jul 25, 2010
hi all,

i noticed that for certain lenses here in singapore, the prices are a little less affordable

just wondering if anyone has tried buying lenses from ebay/online eshops?

any experiences?

pew ;)

hi all,

i noticed that for certain lenses here in singapore, the prices are a little less affordable

any experiences?

pew ;)

There are many threads on 'Ebay' already.Please do a search...

Find the right seller and you are fine...

The whole thread points out exactly how a buyer would feel if he/she buys an expensive item over Ebay - Insecure, period:bsmilie:

Sometimes no choice if you are looking for something that cannot be found otherwise. Just got to bite the bullet and chiong. For example, I bought a Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c which cannot be found anywhere in Singapore.

i have purchased 1 before. It's an old lens that is not longer in production.
i read thru the seller's ratings n comments given by others.

for tat particular seller whom i had bought from, he has ard 14000+ feedback and has around 98% of good ratings.
did read thru e bad ones but those who left those are just leaving a poor feedback before asking the seller for help.
hence, i felt pretty safe that the deal will go thru.

check the seller's reputation and research on the lens u r buying be it the price or resale value =)

Stuff do get lost along the way.. That's my biggest worry and disappoint would be great even if it's insured. :)

Please do research before clicking bid button. Do not ask for opinion whether it is worthed or not after you won the bid then refuse to pay. It's totally uncool. :thumbsd:

hi all,

any experiences?

pew ;)

Its up to ur comfort level and how much u trust the intergrity of the seller and the risk u willing to take for paying a huge premium upfront without first inspecting the item.

Tats what i did, pay ard 1.3K for my 135DC on ebay and it came up Good.. :)

Its up to ur comfort level and how much u trust the intergrity of the seller and the risk u willing to take for paying a huge premium upfront without first inspecting the item.

Tats what i did, pay ard 1.3K for my 135DC on ebay and it came up Good.. :)

I am not so lucky. I ended up having to spend 1.5x of what the camera would cost to get it repaired. End of the day, there are risks you have to absorbed. I would say buy things from eBay only if you have to. Support the local retail shops lah.

Last edited:
My first lens from ebay was a 20+ years old legacy lens.

S$70 on ebay, came to me exactly what the picture shows, looks extremely new with little sign of usage. Very clean, both exterior and interior.

2nd hand shops here sell around $180 for exactly the same model, but exterior condition is very bad.

I am not so lucky. I ended up having to spend 1.5x of what the camera would cost to get it repaired. End of the day, there are risks you have to absorbed. I would say buy things from eBay only if you have to. Support the local retail shops lah.

Aiyah, much depending on the thing u intend to acquire, the one i got is AFD lens, so no issue or whether SWM or VR failing.. :)