Ebay.com.sg and Ebay.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuffRuff

Jan 10, 2007
opp. East Coast Park
Hey,
I just saw that there is now a ebay.com.sg
What is the difference between this and the ebay.com?
I looked for some items on ebay.com.sg and the sellers were from overseas and selling stuff of all kinds of currencies too. So what is the difference?
Btw, the ebay.com is international right?
We can also sell things there right?

Sorry for my stupid qns but i'm very green to ebay... but now wanna sell some stuff and scratching head. :embrass:

ebay.com is in USD
ebay.com.sg is in SGD

also, some items may not show in .sg like items seller dun intend to ship overseas, so if use .sg to search will not show.
and .sg one will show items in sg 1st before going international.

ebay.com is in USD
ebay.com.sg is in SGD

That is only what appears on the main page.
When you click on the actual item, it could be in other currencies and you are required to bid in other currencies.
See for example: http://search.ebay.com.sg/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=vosonic&category0=
Click on the product links and it will bring you to the product and bidding page and the currency changes.

also, some items may not show in .sg like items seller dun intend to ship overseas, so if use .sg to search will not show.
and .sg one will show items in sg 1st before going international.

I see. In my case, I want to be the seller and I want my item to show up internationally. So I should put it at www.ebay.com and it will be on all the country specific ebay websites it it?

That is only what appears on the main page.
When you click on the actual item, it could be in other currencies and you are required to bid in other currencies.
See for example: http://search.ebay.com.sg/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=vosonic&category0=
Click on the product links and it will bring you to the product and bidding page and the currency changes.

I see. In my case, I want to be the seller and I want my item to show up internationally. So I should put it at www.ebay.com and it will be on all the country specific ebay websites it it?

true, but if u go .com, it will not show the approximated conversion to sgd.

you can place your item in .com.sg and open to international bidding. since it will also ask where is the item and you need to put singapore anyway.

true, but if u go .com, it will not show the approximated conversion to sgd.

you can place your item in .com.sg and open to international bidding. since it will also ask where is the item and you need to put singapore anyway.

So .com has rates in USD? I don't mind that.

Btw, I can get them to pay me through Paypal right?
How does this thing work? I have a Paypal account actually but haven't used it before.
Do i have to pay paypal an interest when I use it?
What kind of details do I need to give the buyer for them to transfer money to my paypal?
And how to get the money in paypal into my bank's account?

How does this thing work? I have a Paypal account actually but haven't used it before.
What kind of details do I need to give the buyer for them to transfer money to my paypal?

actually, i never sell in ebay before, but normally buy, so its my observation.

for paypal, buyer do not have to pay commission to paypal, only seller. iirc you need a credit card, and paypal will take money from the buyer, and then put into your credit acc later.

to transfer to paypal, just the email address you registered with paypal.

iirc, they will put as credits in your paypal acc, then you have option to change to use it to purchase things using the acc, or convert it into cash to your credit card.

First you need to link up your bank account and if you want your credit/debit account to the paypal account.

When paying for items in USD and you dont have any in your paypal be sure to ask if the seller accepts CC via paypal. IIRC some sellers who do not have a merchant PP account will charge extra as paypal takes 5% from a CC payment to a personal account. If its a merchant account then no issues. Oh yes and when choosing to either let PP or your bank decide the conversion rate i tend to stick to bank rate cause its more competitive.
An alternative would be to buy USD funds from people selling them. Look around the HWZ formus and there might be some.. though given the weak USD now I dunno if they are still around..

As for receiving payment once you have your bank account linked then you can chose to transfer it out but the conversion rate is done at PP side so its not that good. Also if you transfer less than SG$200 worth they charge an admin fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.