ebay account update or get suspended ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aim

Oct 4, 2003
Last month I received a notice from ebay warning me of suspension of my account if I don't re-update my account information within a week. The update information required included my credit card account information.
I ignored it and this warning notice came again yesterday.
This is the first time in my 3 years of trading in ebay I recieve this account update notice. What puzzled me is that payment of goods is usually via Paypal and not through ebay itself, and this update notice requires my credit card information.
Do any of you have the same encounter?
What would be the right thing to do?
Thanks.

Aim said:
Last month I received a notice from ebay warning me of suspension of my account if I don't re-update my account information within a week. The update information required included my credit card account information.
This is the first time in my 3 years of trading in ebay I recieve this account update notice. What puzzled me is that payment of goods is usually via Paypal and not through ebay itself, and this update notice requires my credit card information.
Thanks.

I am here in america and i get TONS of such stuff

DO NOT
I REPEAT
DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION
when you click on the links, it will take you to unknown servers
ebay NEVER SENDS OUT SUCH notices.
for news of ebay, you have to go to MYEBAY.

ok? do yourself a favour, label such mails as SPAM

Aim said:
Thanks.

Move your mouse to the link provided. Do a RIGHT click (not LEFT click) and select 'Properties'. You will see the link actually point to an unknown URL address that does not belong to the ebay. Such spam mails are very common for those who have ebay, yahoo, paypal ... ... etc accounts. Just be more careful.:think:

eBay (and Paypal) emails always starts with the account holders name.........these scams always starts with 'dear eBay member'................

Form now on, any communications eBay sends you will go through your My eBay page.......check the messages

Hong Sien

Thanks to one and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.