Eaten by Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another xenophobic chest-beating nationalist piece.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of nationalist and "patriotic" people out there. For what it's worth, there are a lot of nationalist and "patriotic" people here too, who cry out loud too when foreigners buy local companies or property.

They just don't understand business.

how i see it, they can come here and buy our stuffs too. :rolleyes:
they just did not. :dunno:

haiz, somehow, i find that we are being treated like the little America of the east - getting hated but everyone :(

And i can't believe it, they actually used "it" as a pronoun for singapore rather than the typical "she".

haiz, somehow, i find that we are being treated like the little America of the east - getting hated but everyone :(
Don't think all in Australia are thinking this way just from reading this article.......

Australia is the one that is being looked at as a little America in Asia :)

HS

From Article said:
...Does anybody else out there feel a little uneasy about this phenomenon, especially given the secretive, autocratic and undemocratic tendencies of the Singapore Government?
Well, I don't see THEM complaining when some Middle Eastern nation pumps some moola in and ozzies whacking those Middle Eastern countries for being 'Backward, Draconian, etc that metes out backward punishment like whipping to thieves, etc'? :dunno:

Oh well. Guess they can say whatever they want. I'm not really bothered by it.

As a humble citizen of Australia, I welcome Singapore as our economic overlord.

A country that owns so much of Australian commercial assets should be given a seat in the government.

Sydney rail service is a disgrace plagued with breakdowns, maintainence shoddiness and union problems. Let Tamasek Holdings buy it and turn it into a miracle.

Majulah Singatralia!

As a humble citizen of Australia, I welcome Singapore as our economic overlord.

A country that owns so much of Australian commercial assets should be given a seat in the government.

Sydney rail service is a disgrace plagued with breakdowns, maintainence shoddiness and union problems. Let Tamasek Holdings buy it and turn it into a miracle.

Majulah Singatralia!

HORRAY!!! Can we have dual citizenship?
Sion, Start a petition!!!

I also welcome Singapore as our overlord (if it means my favourite mamak dishes will thereby cost less than AUD$9 a plate). :D

SG doesn't allow it.

Then we have the birth of real world citizens with nationalities from several countries......

HS

Everybody here thinks it is such a great idea, that Singaporean companies, essentially Singapore Government, investing in businesses all over the world. But if the tide were turned, how will you react? You should welcome the foreign investment, right? Regulations should be ammended to make foreign investment easier, right? I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.