Easy Way to Test Lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Hi. ANyone can suggest a method of testing lenses? I have two lenses of very similar qualities that I want to pit against one another. Other than shooting the same scene twice and comparing it at 100% on screen, are there any other ways to test? i've heard abt shooting rulers etc etc....but si there a good quick way to compare to see which lens is better? even if its shoot two same scenes, what types of scenes shoudl be shot?

Any advice is welcomed.

vince123123 said:
Hi. ANyone can suggest a method of testing lenses? I have two lenses of very similar qualities that I want to pit against one another. Other than shooting the same scene twice and comparing it at 100% on screen, are there any other ways to test? i've heard abt shooting rulers etc etc....but si there a good quick way to compare to see which lens is better? even if its shoot two same scenes, what types of scenes shoudl be shot?

Any advice is welcomed.

Think you can shoot at different focal lengths and aperature sizes to compare the distortions and sharpness of the lens.

I understand the best test for distortions is to take a brick wall. The lines are dead give-aways for distortions....

Status
Not open for further replies.