Easy to use software for post processing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

android17

Sep 27, 2009
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend me some easy to use software for post processing? I find tat photoshop is abit too complicated...

Is there any easy to learn and use software for photography?

Thanks

There are many many many such threads already. Please look in the "Digital Darkroom" section for the usual recommendations. And I suggest a search next time.

you can try lightroom.

How about the software that came with your camera? Usually that covers the baseline of editing and adjustments. Enough to learn the terms and some techniques.

Of course there are, paid & free ones.

Yes, in fact I have used many paid, free & open source ones around, and have put up a review on my website.
http://uniddwebdesign.com/2009/10/14/free-image-editors-review/

Try them, you can be really surprised by the ease of use.
(Of course, when it comes to powerful features, Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom still shines though you got to fork out a couple of hundreds to pay for them)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend me some easy to use software for post processing? I find tat photoshop is abit too complicated...

Is there any easy to learn and use software for photography?

Thanks
depends what you want to do.

If your pictures are already good in the first place, Picasa is good for touching up. Photoshop is if need to repair the photos or use advanced features like masking.

Most of the time i see, there are people who cannot do without Unsharp Mask.

If you just want to do Colour correction, I think simple software will be sufficient.

Like what others said, the software that comes with the camera will be good enough. ;)

the software come together with your camera is already FREE and very EASY to use.

some freeware may not as good as the original software.

All these are free and I find good.

1. Picasa - for the PP 'dummy'. Does most of the <1m PP work like crop, brightness/contrast, BW, Saturation

2. Paint.Net - Quite powerful once some of the plug-ins are added (free as well). For the layers, or other more complicated work

3. GIMP -'the free photoshop'.

but picasa cannot convert raw file rite?

is lightroom free? btw

In sequence of software collection. I find that using different software is much easier.

- The manufacture raw software.
- Arcsoft PhotoImpression Gold 6.5 is easy to use (no brainer software).
- Noiseware Professional, when you need to give denoise a final touch.
- DFX to give you all the filter modes.
- PTLens if you raw software do not have lens correction.
- Portrail Professional Studio to make people look younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.