Try them, you can be really surprised by the ease of use.
(Of course, when it comes to powerful features, Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom still shines though you got to fork out a couple of hundreds to pay for them)
In sequence of software collection. I find that using different software is much easier.
- The manufacture raw software.
- Arcsoft PhotoImpression Gold 6.5 is easy to use (no brainer software).
- Noiseware Professional, when you need to give denoise a final touch.
- DFX to give you all the filter modes.
- PTLens if you raw software do not have lens correction.
- Portrail Professional Studio to make people look younger.