Not open for further replies.

ark19

Jan 17, 2002
SG
aaq.jpg

aar.jpg

aau.jpg

aas.jpg

wow.. beautiful! love the third pix.... feels like sum kinda of dream... neway did u do any touch ups to these photos.. .coz i haven't tried IF shots yet.. but tot that the pix will turn out black and white only... or am i gravely mistaken.. coz ur tress are still green and u have a lovely red sky!

Originally posted by Ripper
wow.. beautiful! love the third pix.... feels like sum kinda of dream... neway did u do any touch ups to these photos.. .coz i haven't tried IF shots yet.. but tot that the pix will turn out black and white only... or am i gravely mistaken.. coz ur tress are still green and u have a lovely red sky!

Hi Ripper!
Thanks for the compliment :)

For normal IR shots, there is a reddish tint.
The pics are usually converted to grayscale.
To obtain the 'green' on plants effect, I'd used the 'One Touch White balance' which is available on C700UZ.

Try IR! Its a great form of photography! ;)

For more of my IR pics click here

ark19 said:
Hi Ripper!
Thanks for the compliment :)

For normal IR shots, there is a reddish tint.
The pics are usually converted to grayscale.
To obtain the 'green' on plants effect, I'd used the 'One Touch White balance' which is available on C700UZ.

Try IR! Its a great form of photography! ;)

For more of my IR pics click here

care to share how to use the white balance settings? how do we do it? what does the one touch wb do?

dtaytc said:
I would like to buy one too, but found out that in yahoo auction, someone is selling very high price. So hope that u can tell me the shop where I can get one too. Really very nice photo of those who have already used this special effect filter. Wow... Do u know the different effects it have when using 720nm and 1000nm wavelength IR filter.. wat is the different? Pls advise me b4 i buy wrongly.. Thanks so much...

Pls reply to dtaytc@pmail.ntu.edu.sg or sms to me directly at 96904567
Hi dtaytc, I bought my R72 filter from Fotoguide which is closed down already, you can try and ask John 3:16 at Funan. They had helped me to bring in a Hoya hood, so I think it shouldn't be a prob.

Hi Renegade, for most of the DCs, there are a few settings of WB. For e.g. Auto, Presets and Manual. For olympus C700UZ, the Manual WB is called 'One Touch White balance'. To make use of it, screw on your IR filter, set the camara to manual WB mode. Depending on your camera, it will ask you to snap a photo to set the white balance. Do it outdoors in bright sunlight. You can shoot a piece of white paper or just shoot on the clear sky.

dtaytc said:
:) Btw, can u help me to get one of those filter? do u know the different in R72 and RM90 effect? can show me an example if possible? I tot those pic u taken is using R72 rite? But they dun really look Infrared pic. I taken some but mostly in Black and white color. Y urs still have color in it? :sweat:

cause he took it in colour mode and dint convert the IR photos to B&W

dtaytc said:
:) Btw, can u help me to get one of those filter? do u know the different in R72 and RM90 effect? can show me an example if possible? I tot those pic u taken is using R72 rite? But they dun really look Infrared pic. I taken some but mostly in Black and white color. Y urs still have color in it? :sweat:

here's a good site to start for general IR photography information...

http://dpfwiw.com/ir.htm#ir_filters

dtaytc said:

Hi dtaytc,

I think it's better for you to purchase the filters directly as its near the financial year end and I'm busy with work....

I personally own the R72 only, so can't help you to compare. But from the website seems that RM90 requires a higher exposure. And if I don't remember wrongly, RM90 is more expensive than R72. (probably due to the x-ray effect thingy ;p )

Regarding the colour of IR photos, there are some who like's it in b/w, while there are some who likes the coloured versions. I personally feel that if you want to get b/w IRs, take it in colour mode first, you can always convert it to b/w later. To get the colour "effects", pls see my reply to Renegade.

Don't worry, when I started using it, the photos turns out as dark red and always blur.... only when I learned more abt it, figured I had to use tripod...

Btw, what DC are u using?

hi, i bought a Hoya RM90 IR filter too.. but funny enough, can't have any x-ray effect ;p , However, me not up to this thingz la.. just curious. Hoya R72 is cheaper, much cheap.. but any different if i choose to buy this filter next time? will it worth since I already have RM90 liao.. :D

coolzzz said:
hi, i bought a Hoya RM90 IR filter too.. but funny enough, can't have any x-ray effect ;p , However, me not up to this thingz la.. just curious. Hoya R72 is cheaper, much cheap.. but any different if i choose to buy this filter next time? will it worth since I already have RM90 liao.. :D

Hi Coolzzz, how much did u pay for the RM90? what size is it? If it is 52mm, maybe we can swop and try them out to see the effects. :D

Can u post some RM90 samples?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.