Earphones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi to all.

I'm planning to get either of the two thus I need your feedback, particularly from existing users.

1. Sony Fontopia® Headphones MDR-EX71SL

2. Sennheiser MX 500

Apparently the former is more dear, retailing at about S$80 as compared to the latter at about $35. I just need to know whether it is worth to pay double of the cheaper option.

Btw, which are the good retailers that I should patronise? I don't wanna kena rip off! :confused:

TIA! ;)

AdamGoi said:
Hi to all.

I'm planning to get either of the two thus I need your feedback, particularly from existing users.

1. Sony Fontopia® Headphones MDR-EX71SL

2. Sennheiser MX 500

Apparently the former is more dear, retailing at about S$80 as compared to the latter at about $35. I just need to know whether it is worth to pay double of the cheaper option.

Btw, which are the good retailers that I should patronise? I don't wanna kena rip off! :confused:

TIA! ;)

Hi..... saw in the ppcsg.com forum that U bought Ur iPAQ 2210... Congrats.....

If U search through the ppcsg forums.... think there was a thread talking about earphones and most recommended the Sony one....

U may want to check out the Sony store at Sim Lim Square.... think the price is the most attractive there....

currently using Sony Fontopia® Headphones MDR-EX70SL with my iPod. Fits nicely into my ears using the medium ear buds. :)

The in ear design will help to reduce noise too

:thumbsup:

never try mx 500, no comment on that :D

the Sony EX70 is an excellent pair of earphones, especially for those peeps who's ears don't seem to fit normal earphones very well, like me! they keep coming lose and dropping off, i've got defective ear design...

anyhow, it's really good, but it will make you deaf to the rest of the world, so you many want to look out for that.

the cheapest i've seen for this (EX70, not 71, what's the difference anyhow?) is $65 at 2nd floor SLT, the shop right next to the escalator. cheaper than any SLS shop back then.

I just bought the EX-71 a few months ago. Many people liked the earphone, so I went ahead to buy a pair (white Japanese version) from V8 at Bugis Junction. The sound is not bad, but not as terrific as I expected (after reading so many praises about the Sony). One tip to get good results from the earphone - make sure the bud fits nicely into the ear! Initially I pushed the bud into my ear, after reading that a loose fit will result in teribble sounds with little bass. I found the result not so good... then a week later I realiszed pushing too deep in also result in the bass "escaping"! So just push in to fit can already... dun try too hard!

What really annoys me is the sound made when the cables rub against each other... very irritating and loud when it travels straight into your ear! What no doubt that you'll get a lot of attention wearing the special design of the EX-71... especially the white one!

Oh... get a iPod to go with it. Damn cool... :bsmilie:

haha, machiam stethoscope eh?

for me it's the eerie silence that sets in when i put on the earphones but have yet to press "Play", heh

I got the EX-71
Good for MP3 on my PDA/Phone
But please remove earbuds when eating/drinking :)

not really, only a small plastic thingy that holds the ear buds only, not the wires

i bought the EX71 for $70 w/gst at sls first floor
i say very good sound for earphone this small and light
btw there is two versions
first one with one long wire
the other one with a short wire and a extension wire, still very light(useful for connection to wired remote)

Helbreath said:
i bought the EX71 for $70 w/gst at sls first floor
i say very good sound for earphone this small and light
btw there is two versions
first one with one long wire
the other one with a short wire and a extension wire, still very light(useful for connection to wired remote)

Which store is that?

you can get the sony ones at $58 at Jade's *dunnowat* store located at the 2nd floor of shaw towers, where the united artist bugis cinema is located.

yeah.. get the sony one..

but try not to get white, mine turn yellowish and got lots of black colour marks on it liao

AdamGoi said:
Just to confirm, S$58 for a set of Sony Fontopia® Headphones MDR-EX71SL? :bigeyes:

$59 at SLS..... if U can't find it at Shaw Towers... U can try the one I mentioned earlier.....

Status
Not open for further replies.