Earphone advice needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi.

I'm in the market to replace my aging Sony MDR-EX71SL. For me, I'd love to get a Sony MDR-NX1 but to my disappointment, the cord is only 0.5m long ... :cry:

Are there any worthy alternative to this model? I'm looking for 3 important features (other than great sound), they are long cords, silicon earbud for good fit and neck strap ...

TIA! :)

i tested panasonic with sony at the store and even read the specifications.
Panasonic (ear buds type) apparently has a wider sound range...
so i bought the set and am happy :)

the cord is definitely long enough but there is no neck strap...

tink those short-length cords are designed for players with in-line remotes that come with a 3mm earphone jack or neck-sling portable players...

Adam Goi said:
Hi.

I'm in the market to replace my aging Sony MDR-EX71SL. For me, I'd love to get a Sony MDR-NX1 but to my disappointment, the cord is only 0.5m long ... :cry:

Are there any worthy alternative to this model? I'm looking for 3 important features (other than great sound), they are long cords, silicon earbud for good fit and neck strap ...

TIA! :)
There's the MDR81 I believe which is a hook-on-the-ear design.

Why do you need a neck strap with long cords? You can use the extention from the EX71? Intent to hang your mp3 player on your neck? But dun need a long cord rite?

How about the brand Shure? :devil: :devil:

shures e2c for $149? good length, great isolation and sound.

Etymotic ER6i....very similar sounding to Sennheiser HD580 to my ears.

Around US$90 from Amazon excluding shipping.

yep im using the ety6i and they are pretty gd on the mids and highs, esp the highs, stereo earphones at woodlands is currently the only official retailer selling the cheapest with local warranty, meaning 1-1 exchange, i think they are selling at $23x...

zhangyb said:
yep im using the ety6i and they are pretty gd on the mids and highs, esp the highs, stereo earphones at woodlands is currently the only official retailer selling the cheapest with local warranty, meaning 1-1 exchange, i think they are selling at $23x...

Try not to lose it....:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

lol! You guys obviously did not read his requirements. I dun think any earphone has a neck-strap and long cord. Sorry, it doesn't make sense to me if i have my player hanging on the neck-strap and requiring a long cord. I tot short is better and neater.

Cloest i can think of is Cresyn LMX-E630SN; neck strap and able to convert to 0.8m normal Y cord.

And i think the ER6i is overhyped. :)

afbug said:
lol! You guys obviously did not read his requirements. I dun think any earphone has a neck-strap and long cord. Sorry, it doesn't make sense to me if i have my player hanging on the neck-strap and requiring a long cord. I tot short is better and neater.

Cloest i can think of is Cresyn LMX-E630SN; neck strap and able to convert to 0.8m normal Y cord.

And i think the ER6i is overhyped. :)

Hi I think we have a different idea of the 'neck strap'. I'm referring to the neck strap design that is found in the Sony MDR-NX1. I'm not planning to hang my iPOD using a neck-strap.

Adam Goi said:
Hi I think we have a different idea of the 'neck strap'. I'm referring to the neck strap design that is found in the Sony MDR-NX1. I'm not planning to hang my iPOD using a neck-strap.

Erm....the earphone you showed is a neck-strap one. For hanging your ipod. So you want that type of design but with longer cord so you can put your ipod in a bag? Or you meant neck-chain like a EX71? So far, there isn't a design thay combines a neck-strap with a long cord i think.

SniperD said:
hehehe.. try the E2C?

Have the E4C at home, but the E2C is great.

Using the Cresyn LMX-E630SN as of today :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.