Jan 24, 2008
Objective: To capture working people.
For this shot:
- ISO200
- F/11
- Nikon D50
- Tokina 12-24mm

Post Process:
- Originally the foreground of the picture was dark, then used the "D-Lighting" function in Nikon Capture NX.
- After using the "D-Lighting" function, foreground became visible for us to see the cargo vehicle operator transporting cargo to the plane.
- Enhanced saturation and added slight contrast.
- Post process are done using Nikon Capture NX, I didn't use Photoshop since i dunno how. :)
- I tried to use the dodge tool in PS but I just ruined the shot instead of making it better.

2520803317_f1131e581c_o.jpg

Question:
- Is the composition good enough to meet the objective?
- Is the framing fair enough?
- Has "D-lighting" able to compensate in giving some brightness on the foreground? Any Nikon capture NX users feel free to comment.
- Does the tone and saturation gives "life" to the picture?

Firstly I would frame it wider, and make sure there's actually cargo being towed.
Secondly, get some lighting on the main subject. 3-4 Flash/continuous lights around the vehicle, including a light behind the vehicle to give the talent rim lighting. And ideally, 2-3 lights to light up the belly of the plane to the right to indicate purpose of the subject. (Where is he going? What does he do? What relevance is this picture to his job?)
It might also be ideal to shoot from an elevated position instead to emphasise the ongoing ground work and not the sky/flight.

ps. the advice above is in respect to standards in industrial photography (eg. annual reports etc which have a lot of 'people at work' images), so if this not your intention then let it be noted.

Also, just nitpicking but there appears to be saturation clipping around the sun; The yellows appear to be clipped.

Firstly I would frame it wider, and make sure there's actually cargo being towed.
Secondly, get some lighting on the main subject. 3-4 Flash/continuous lights around the vehicle, including a light behind the vehicle to give the talent rim lighting. And ideally, 2-3 lights to light up the belly of the plane to the right to indicate purpose of the subject. (Where is he going? What does he do? What relevance is this picture to his job?)
It might also be ideal to shoot from an elevated position instead to emphasise the ongoing ground work and not the sky/flight.

ps. the advice above is in respect to standards in industrial photography (eg. annual reports etc which have a lot of 'people at work' images), so if this not your intention then let it be noted.

A very ideal suggestion and a thumbs up :thumbsup:..yet I took this shot in a hurry since its not allowed to take pictures at the airport plane bay (e.g. terrorist issue, security issue...)

Also, just nitpicking but there appears to be saturation clipping around the sun; The yellows appear to be clipped.

Yeah, the sun is clipped and its the same thing on the unedited pics..don't know why..maybe its just how the sun behaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.