e500 user pls come in ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

2RR

Jan 8, 2006
the e500 original battery life long or not ? can last long how many hours n how many shoot ?

can upgrade the battery grade ?

I got my fresh batt shooting for at least 400 shoots before the red light came on and still shooting. Is there a shutter count indicator somewhere buried in the menu or something where I can check? Thanks!
;)

ongsw said:
I got my fresh batt shooting for at least 400 shoots before the red light came on and still shooting. Is there a shutter count indicator somewhere buried in the menu or something where I can check? Thanks!
;)

shutter count dun think so.. many brands req u to bring the cam to the service centre and open the cam up to check the shutter count

2RR said:
the e500 original battery life long or not ? can last long how many hours n how many shoot ?

can upgrade the battery grade ?

I've managed about 300+ shots (with LCD reviews) before the red blinking battery low indicator comes on too! Battery life seems pretty good considering presents all its information on 1 BIG 2.5" LCD screen.;p

Yeah... the battery life is great. I managed to shoot around 6~8 rounds 1GB CF cards in RAW format, which is about 400+ shots. But, I sheldom use flash and i always turn off the LCD most of the times... Haven't really get a actual count, but, the performance so far is very satisfactory.

wow that is good news to new owner like me.
btw, has anyone use any lens adaptor for OM or Nikon? any photos to show?

:) HI GUYZ,I JUST GOT MY E500 LAST MONTH.NEED TO GET SOME TIPS N WHAT TYPE OF LENS YOU GUYZ USING NOW??:dunno:

400+ is quite sad lei...my d70s can manage 800 w/lcd review.

olympus lenses quite limited, there're only a few consumer lenses.

i dont think there's lens adaptors for olympus since its using 4/3

I can easily exceed 1k as I do not use the built in flash and rarely bother using the LCD to view my pixs.

Olympus lenses are limited but the quality of almost every single oneis undeniable.

roti_prata said:

roti_prata said:

Wait until you compare the LCD size and quality, then you'll be willing to compromise.

I have not seen such a good LCD in a budget DSLR yet.

There's no compromise in any of the ZD lenses as they are all digital specific.

I am new owner of E500 too. I find the the kit lens 14-45 is not sharp at all. I used UZ750 10x in the past and always amaze by sharpness. Is it because there is something wrong with the lens or body? Should I send it for service?

The 14-45mm is very bad. Sell @ $100 and there are no takers. Get the 11-22mm or the 14-54mm at the least.

Has anyone use the OM or Nikon lens adaptor on E500? Where to buy?

akak said:
Has anyone use the OM or Nikon lens adaptor on E500? Where to buy?

i have both the adaptors & used them before but on my E1. shud be fine with the E500 also. bought it overseas. dig up my old threads & find some pics. i think u wud be glad u chose oly cos of such flexibility. ;)

akak said:
I am new owner of E500 too. I find the the kit lens 14-45 is not sharp at all. I used UZ750 10x in the past and always amaze by sharpness. Is it because there is something wrong with the lens or body? Should I send it for service?

I must disagree with you. This lens can produce very good results. Last year, I submitted some photos to Oly and the 14-45mm one was chosen. Suggest you try to practise coz sometimes it can be caused by focussing problems and handshake:bsmilie:

Hacker said:
The 14-45mm is very bad. Sell @ $100 and there are no takers. Get the 11-22mm or the 14-54mm at the least.
Yes I agree with Hacker. 14-45mm is a kit lens. Just switched over to 14-54mm, really like the image quality. :)

Benng said:
Yes I agree with Hacker. 14-45mm is a kit lens. Just switched over to 14-54mm, really like the image quality. :)

You cannot go wrong with the 14-54mm and the 11-22mm. If you do not mind carrying the 50-200mm, then you are basically all set. You have the ability to shoot about 95-97% of all situations possible and get very good results. I have seen many shots from these lenses and the quality is up there with the best. Congrats....

Hacker said:
Your this post really tempting me to sell of the 50mm and get the 14-54 for its flexibility.. haha.. j/k j/k.. not at the moment at least.. =X Still enjoying the 50mm ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.