Status
Not open for further replies.

ylloh

Jun 25, 2004
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Photos taken in Malacca. Really like the rich color of the Oly camera but too bad my skill cannot make it, out of 60+ only about 10+ photos taken is usable.:embrass:

ylloh said:
Photos taken in Malacca. Really like the rich color of the Oly camera but too bad my skill cannot make it, out of 60+ only about 10+ photos taken is usable.:embrass:

Tell me about it... out of 100+ photos I took with my E-330 at a friend's wedding dinner recently, less than 10 are OK and of that, 2-3 are good.

cjtune said:
Tell me about it... out of 100+ photos I took with my E-330 at a friend's wedding dinner recently, less than 10 are OK and of that, 2-3 are good.

Oh really? Then I will take it as compliment:sweat:

nice pics..olympus pics quality is good..but body build is so so (compared to competitors)
these photos with new 17-45mm lens?
or the kit lens 14-45mm?
I am thinking of getting a F2.8 14-54mm lens..dunno what's the diff..any idea?

orislee said:
nice pics..olympus pics quality is good..but body build is so so (compared to competitors)
or the kit lens 14-45mm?

It's a 14-45mm. My mistake.
Anyway I also thinking of getting a better lens for my E500 but dunno if the 14-54mm or Sigma's new 30mm F1.4 better...the 2 lens priced quite similar.:confused:

Hi there.

You mention the Sigma 30mm 1.4 below. Can I know where you saw it at? I'm don't remember seeing it lah. Maybe my eyesight needs to focus properly... hehe...
So as you mention it's price is similar to 14-54, should be around 8++ right?
Thanx for sharing man!

ylloh said:
It's a 14-45mm. My mistake.
Anyway I also thinking of getting a better lens for my E500 but dunno if the 14-54mm or Sigma's new 30mm F1.4 better...the 2 lens priced quite similar.:confused:

:embrass: Actually no one selling it, yet.
There r some other mount like nikon F mount * canon mount version. I havent seen one in 4/3 mount. But based on the priced quoted from the internet(Please see the Sigma Lens Price List under "Other" in this forum) I believe this lens shd be around the same price as other mount version.
I'm still"look see look see"...:sweat: hopefully can get cheaper price when the lens is available.

orislee said:
or the kit lens 14-45mm?

Well, the larger aperture will certainly help in low-light settings so you don't have to go up to the noisy higher ISO levels, which for Olympus cameras look bad because of their mottled appearance. Good for indoor shots where flashes are prohibited or you don't wanna use flash to ruin the natural lighting or your flash is too weak. Optics should be somewhat better than the 14-45 but not stellar. Weatherproof. You can consult the review at: http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/olympus_1454_2835/index.htm

I want a F1.4 prime lens....

Hi guys, i bought my new 14-54mm and 50-200mm lens. They are a lot better than 14-45mm. Should try upgrading.:bsmilie:

30mm prime lens? who has tried it? please share ur experience

orislee said:
Hi guys, i bought my new 14-54mm and 50-200mm lens. They are a lot better than 14-45mm. Should try upgrading.:bsmilie:

30mm prime lens? who has tried it? please share ur experience

;p Hi how good is your 14-54mm? Care to share with us?
I have done some indoor shooting frankly speaking the 14-45mm really cant make it, too slow:thumbsd: . Wonder if the 14-54mm would help for indoor shooting?

cjtune said:
I want a F1.4 prime lens....

The 4/3 standard only supports apertures up to f2 (not that it won't work). Anything bigger and many have seen overexposure issues with older lenses fitted on adapters.

ylloh said:
;p Hi how good is your 14-54mm? Care to share with us?
I have done some indoor shooting frankly speaking the 14-45mm really cant make it, too slow:thumbsd: . Wonder if the 14-54mm would help for indoor shooting?

Some of my indoor pics snap in Clarke Quay with 14-54mm:
ClarkeQuay_078s.jpg

ClarkeQuay_136s.jpg

14-54mm lens focusing is faster than 14-45mm lens, and stronger built. Most importantly it is made in Japan. Anyway I am getting a F2.0 50mm lens for indoor shooting..hahahaha the pics showed by other CSers (with F2.0) are too nice..can resist to get 1.

;p
Nice pictures out there...by the way are u using E500? I've seen those pictures taken with 50mm F2, very very good indeed.:bigeyes: Perhaps will go for 50mm F2 instead of 14-54mm for portraits. What do u think?

I think so too...hahaha But i already have 14-54mm and 50-200mm...Also my skill sucks..but this is the photo i have with 50-200mm at 200mm zoom (editted the pics):

Rainie_245p.jpg

Rainie_037p.jpg

Enjoy buying...GSS is still going on....:cool:

orislee said:
I think so too...hahaha But i already have 14-54mm and 50-200mm...Also my skill sucks..but this is the photo i have with 50-200mm at 200mm zoom (editted the pics):

Rainie_245p.jpg

Rainie_037p.jpg

Enjoy buying...GSS is still going on....:cool:

Wa! Raine! Nice!:bsmilie:

Wanna ask abt the E500, how to shot using the LCD, let say i dont want to use the viewfinder.
:) just got my E500, Newbie here, still playing around the camera.

whyalwaysme said:
Wanna ask abt the E500, how to shot using the LCD, let say i dont want to use the viewfinder.
:) just got my E500, Newbie here, still playing around the camera.

;) Hi there the E500 doesnt provide LCD prview feature. Only E330 does.

I think u will need to buy E330 or other non-SLR cam then...correct me if i am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.