E5 IR

kuanwk

May 1, 2004
Adding to the spate of recent AP IR photos..
put ELP on an Oly E5 (unmod)
and then i turned out the new fandangled dramatic tone art filter..

auto levels, channel swapped

desaturate

cwb done in camera, default in-camera sharpening, no other pp'ing.
do excuse the noise, i turned off all the noise reduction and filtering functions to see how it performs. and the severe contrast.

was quite surprised to find that i can shoot handheld on an unmod dslr..
(altho gotta push up the ISO somewhat, and use short focal lengths for low shutter speeds)
can even vaguely see some clouds in the vf after a while
(eyes needed some time to get fr afternoon sun to dark vf)
is this the normal experience for unmod dslrs?

Hi bro can you share with me what is the cwb used for your shot? Manually setting the temperature by what value or shooting on a green grass using the one touch wb? I would like to try it with an R72. Thanks.

Hi bro can you share with me what is the cwb used for your shot? Manually setting the temperature by what value or shooting on a green grass using the one touch wb? I would like to try it with an R72. Thanks.

:dunno: pointed at the grass on the bottom left of the 1st pic, and then 1-touch.

:dunno: pointed at the grass on the bottom left of the 1st pic, and then 1-touch.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: Surprise that you did not get the wrong wb message. By the way, what lens are you using? Seems like no hotspot, even with the 12-60mm i still get a slight hotspot.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: Surprise that you did not get the wrong wb message. By the way, what lens are you using? Seems like no hotspot, even with the 12-60mm i still get a slight hotspot.

did get that msg quite a bit..
so if at 1st u dun succeed, juz try again..
and then make sure u save the setting.. ;)

this body seems a bit picky when it comes to cwb..
the tungsten wb is off half the time, but getting a more accurate reading can be a chore..

was using 9-18, usually stopped down.