E300 viewfinder dust how to clean?1

Status
Not open for further replies.

apex

Nov 7, 2002
Visit site
Well my E300 viewfinder can see a few black dots. Picture takens is clear and fine without problem.

I was wondering any user here face the problem?

1. How do u clean?

2. Or How can i clean it?

Please advice.

my personal experiance... i also had a few spots on viewfinder, i used a blower and blow at the pentamirror thing with the lens off. It worked for me, but on hindsight it may blow the dust further in? Hmm... maybe send to Oly for cleaning?

hammer_400 said:
my personal experiance... i also had a few spots on viewfinder, i used a blower and blow at the pentamirror thing with the lens off. It worked for me, but on hindsight it may blow the dust further in? Hmm... maybe send to Oly for cleaning?

The last time my friend E300 got this problem. Didn't expect my to happen this fast. The interesting part is dust is powerful because i nv remove the lens since the day i got this cam. So now got black dots inside (just like my friend E300) the last time send to studio the gals there says their guys use CAN compress air to blow them away. Question is

Any type of CAN Compress air can use liao or what?

I saw catay photo selling one can $55+++

The price should be around $25. CP usually marked up the price, and when you asked them, they'll reduce it for you. You can also check out Challenger, in Funan. There's a promotion like buy 2 free 1, if i'm not mistaken.

hmm

Can u see the dust Spect on the viewfinder when u open the Lens chamber? If so u could try using a lint free Swabs, to gently remove the speck.

remember not drag the swap across the viewfinder.

chii said:
hmm

Can u see the dust Spect on the viewfinder when u open the Lens chamber? If so u could try using a lint free Swabs, to gently remove the speck.

remember not drag the swap across the viewfinder.

I can't see the dust at the lens chamber. When pointing the digital cam into sky and strong lighted object. I can see 5 to 8 dots in the viewfinder. See liao not happy. haiz

I got to know this from a friend, but so far never really test it out with my E-300.
There's a special built-in chamber for blowing the dust off the viewfinder.

A somesort of sticker is sealing this chamber, and when taken off, you can use the blower to blow into this chamber to clean away the dust. (hopefully it will be blown out)
It will be great if someone can go to Olympus service to verify this.

apex said:
I can't see the dust at the lens chamber. When pointing the digital cam into sky and strong lighted object. I can see 5 to 8 dots in the viewfinder. See liao not happy. haiz

Where do U stay/work.

I work woodlands stay clementi.
prehaps u wanna meetup, & I will have a look @ your Cam.

;)

chii said:
Where do U stay/work.

I work woodlands stay clementi.
prehaps u wanna meetup, & I will have a look @ your Cam.

;)

Thanks bro. Guess too far away. Would check with studio and see how. BTW sorry for the late reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.