E300 self timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
I've been following the instructions on how to operate the self timer for my E300. It seems without success as each time I release the shtter, it just click with no self timer operations. Any idea or perhaps steps that I've missed out??

TIA
cheers

Nov 13, 2003
Sg
mine works fine....
here's how i go about setting self-timer.

Menu ---> Drive ---> self-timer (4 th from top) ---> 2/12 second----> OK

den just press the shutter button...

Benng

Sep 10, 2005
SG
hammer_400 said:
mine works fine....
here's how i go about setting self-timer.

Menu ---> Drive ---> self-timer (4 th from top) ---> 2/12 second----> OK

den just press the shutter button...
You have to press ----> OK twice until you exit the menu screen.

Mikefellh

Oct 9, 2005
Toronto, Canada
NMSS_2 said:
dont need too. after pressing "ok" to confirm the delay seconds, half-pressing the shutter to exit from main screen.
Actually, the Bracket (BKT), Timer, and Remote options are unique in that you HAVE to push OK TWICE...once to set the parameter of the number of frames (BKT) or time, and a second time to actually engage the feature you want to select.

If you were on single frame mode, and then you went to timer, right, 12 seconds, OK, and then pressed Menu or half-pressed the shutter release you will STILL be in single frame mode. (with v1.4 of the firmware) If you had pressed menu button you would have cancelled the selection...if you half-pressed the shutter release you'll find the next time you pressed the Menu button the Drive option is still selected waiting for you to press OK or Menu to cancel.

Again you HAVE to press OK twice.

Mikefellh said:
Actually, the Bracket (BKT), Timer, and Remote options are unique in that you HAVE to push OK TWICE...once to set the parameter of the number of frames (BKT) or time, and a second time to actually engage the feature you want to select.

If you were on single frame mode, and then you went to timer, right, 12 seconds, OK, and then pressed Menu or half-pressed the shutter release you will STILL be in single frame mode. (with v1.4 of the firmware) If you had pressed menu button you would have cancelled the selection...if you half-pressed the shutter release you'll find the next time you pressed the Menu button the Drive option is still selected waiting for you to press OK or Menu to cancel.

Again you HAVE to press OK twice.
looks like i had skipped that 2-12 secs thingy. was wondering what went wrong yesterday when trying out the rm-1 with e-300. W & T function doesnt seem to work with e-300.

just found out how bracketing works! :(

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Thanks guys, it works but just simply don't understand why I followed the same steps 2 days before it failed?? Probably that day the battery was weak??

cheers

Mikefellh

Oct 9, 2005
Toronto, Canada
NMSS_2 said:
looks like i had skipped that 2-12 secs thingy. was wondering what went wrong yesterday when trying out the rm-1 with e-300. W & T function doesnt seem to work with e-300.
You mean to trigger bulb mode, no that is a "feature" unique to the E-500 since there's no cable remote option for the E-500. However on the E-300 in order to use the cable remote to trigger the bulb mode, you not only have to buy RM-CB1 cable but you also have to buy the HLD-3 battery-grip which has the connector to accept the RM-CB1 connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom