E300 Lcd Brightness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Hi,

Can the brightness of the LCD for E300 be adjusted?
If yes, appreciate your kind advise.

TIA
cheers

menu
>fifth submenu (wench2)
>scroll down to sixth item.

i usually turn it down to -3 for energy saving. btw the lcd really CMI. i only use it for sharpness checking.

at least, it didnt give me false hope! :bsmilie:

NMSS_2 said:
btw the lcd really CMI.

hi.. can elaborate? i find it pretti good.... not super accurate as my monitor but pretti good wat? maybe u should check out the e-500 2.5" LCD!!!.. if that wan CMI den dunno wat CAn MAKE IT!

NMSS_2 said:
it didnt give me false hope! :bsmilie:

hehe... like s3pro wan? on LCD is SUPER... on computer not so super liao....

hammer_400 said:
hi.. can elaborate? i find it pretti good.... not super accurate as my monitor but pretti good wat? maybe u should check out the e-500 2.5" LCD!!!.. if that wan CMI den dunno wat CAn MAKE IT!
as you have said, it is not accurate. felt so ashamed when several photogs have to show the same client of their shots in camera LCD. mine didnt impress of course! hahahahha:bsmilie: if you have seen what other makers have for their screen, u will be impress by their camera screens as well.

hammer_400 said:
hehe... like s3pro wan? on LCD is SUPER... on computer not so super liao....
the image in camera lcd and Computer monitor are two totally different stories. the same image in the camera lcd CMI (CANNOT MAKE IT) but the actual ones can. At least my clients are much happier with my prints and digital pictures than the rest photogs in this area.

to me, it doesnt really matters whether the images in the camera lcd turn out to be good or not but whether your actual images will! at least the camera didnt failed me yet!

i only used it to check brightness, color temp & sharpness.

NMSS_2 said:
as you have said, it is not accurate. felt so ashamed when several photogs have to show the same client of their shots in camera LCD. mine didnt impress of course! hahahahha:bsmilie: if you have seen what other makers have for their screen, u will be impress by their camera screens as well.

the image in camera lcd and Computer monitor are two totally different stories. the same image in the camera lcd CMI (CANNOT MAKE IT) but the actual ones can. At least my clients are much happier with my prints and digital pictures than the rest photogs in this area.

to me, it doesnt really matters whether the images in the camera lcd turn out to be good or not but whether your actual images will! at least the camera didnt failed me yet!

i only used it to check brightness, color temp & sharpness.

it's not that accurate.. but neither is it BAD.... but as u said it's bright and sharp...

but at least it does'nt bluff u...hehe..look very nice and saturated on LCD but put on computer :cry:

i meant eventhough the color depth not accuratly reflected (which is the case for most camera's i've used) it is bright, sharp and contrasty.. and definitely usable to review ur photo's for sharpness/WB etc... i felt CMI abit too harsh.... for color depth/accuracy off abit i agree, but not CMI for everything....

hammer_400 said:
i meant eventhough the color depth not accuratly reflected (which is the case for most camera's i've used) it is bright, sharp and contrasty.. and definitely usable to review ur photo's for sharpness/WB etc... i felt CMI abit too harsh.... for color depth/accuracy off abit i agree, but not CMI for everything....

as long as it is not true representation, it is CMI to me! ;p same with other brand type. camera lcd just a tool to gauge shoots, not a actual measurement for it. nothing to lose my sleep over! actual print and digital photos are more important.

I don't know if I'm correct in doing this but I turned it down a notch or two as the exposure wasn't reflected at the brighter settings and my photos on computer were darker than represented on the lcd cam screen ... it now is close and seems to help ... of course for sharpness it is not so good that way .... the poemeater ...

depends on the workflow of your cam. i have +2 sharpness & +0.5ev for e-300.

to check sharpness for the pics that u have taken, zoom in 10x.

+2 sharpness in e-300 is good enough for any print size up 10x15. didnt try any bigger print.

e-300 have a tendency to underexpose (actually i think all dSLRs do). by upping the ev save me some time, however you need to increase exposure for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.